What's new

How often do you shave with your straight razor?

rbscebu

Girls call me Makaluod
Twice today 🎊🎉. Three passes this morning and another two early this evening before I went out. I probably won't have anything to shave tomorrow morning but I'll still do another three pass then for the enjoyment.

lately - with less office work and client facing, I dont need to shave daily. i do enjoy the hobby so its still 3 or 4 days in the week and often only once on the weekend (especially after playing with the stones)

Couple of times a week. But my shaving basically consists of neck and cheek lines for my beard, so the visual effect of not shaving is less obvious.

I 2 pass shaved everyday with my DE but since i've moved to straight razor I seem to be able to get a closer shave, so about every 2nd day at this point. Im white as hell though so you can still see a 5-oclock shadow even with a true BBS. My next shaving goal is to go outside and tan so I can get sloppy without looking sloppy

rbscebu

Girls call me Makaluod
I 2 pass shaved everyday with my DE but since i've moved to straight razor I seem to be able to get a closer shave, so about every 2nd day at this point. Im white as hell though so you can still see a 5-oclock shadow even with a true BBS. My next shaving goal is to go outside and tan so I can get sloppy without looking sloppy
As you start to enjoy your SR shaving, you will be shaving at least daily, whether you need to or not 😁.

The most passes I have done in one SR shaving session was eight; 2 x WTG, 4 x XTG and 2 x ATG. Not because I needed to but because I wanted to and I could. That was to celebrate my 800th daily SR shave. Of course I had nothing to shave 24 hours later but I still shaved then.

Last edited:
I always shave with straight razors. My most enjoyable shaves are with a few days growth. I usually do a one pass shave every other day. If the fishing is good in the summer I might go totally wino and shave once a week.

Shaved twice yesterday (evening edge test) and shaved again this morning. Skin is great. Couldn't pull that off with a double edge.

Top Bottom