What's new

How often do you Sanitize your DE Razors?

I was wondering how frequently shavers sanitize your DE Razors...

I rinse and wipe mine after every shave to remove soap scum and haze, but after I initially sanitize them prior to first use, I have never given it another thought until now...

What are other people doing?

Thanks!

Matt

The only times I worry about sanitizing is when I first get a razor, and only If I think there's a chance it was used recently. And if I'm shipping, or passing one on locally that I've used. Other than that soap and water is good enough.

Because I take apart and wipe down my razor after every use there is no need to sanitize them frequently.

I do it whenever I get a new razor as well as to any razor I sell. I know that the buyer will likely also clean it them self but it's nice to do and I'm sure the buyer appreciates getting the razor this way as opposed to used and full of soap scum.

I clean the razor with bathroom cleaner spray and a toothbrush when I change the blade, so every five days or so.

I rinse after use, and scrub with dish soap and water, using a soft toothbrush, when I change the blade, just to get rid of soap scum. A razor can't be kept sterile in use, and there's really no reason to do so. Clean will do fine.

I do an alcohol dip when I change blades, but not for the sanitizing effect. I do it to give the razor a thorough cleaning of soap scum, razor glue, hard water residue, and anything that might invite corrosion.

I'll give a new razor a spray with Scrubbing Bubbles.

After that, once a week / 10 days or when the razor gets scummy, I'll hit it with Scrubbing Bubbles again.

On a daily basis?
Nope.

"...the more people I meet,
the more I like my dog......"

Clean with rubbing alcohol once when purchased. Generally clean soap scum with soft toothbrush and warm soapy water when I replace a blade.

I clean them once every 2-3 months with a mind vinegar solution and a soft toothbrush to remove soap scum. Other than that I'm not worried about catching anything from myself.

Top Bottom