What's new

How Often Do You Nick Yourself While Shaving

How Often Do You Draw Blood When You Shave? (Select multiple options)

• Once in a Blue Moon (also mah favorite beer)

• Weepers: once a month or less

• Weepers: once a week or less

• Weepers: almost every shave

• Nicks: once a month or less

• Nicks: once a week or less

• Nicks: almost every shave

• Serious Cut: once a month or less

• BLOODBATH!

• I have been wet shaving for about a month

• I have been wet shaving for about a year

• I am a seasoned veteran

Results are only viewable after voting.
I seldom draw blood.

Last time I got some blood was when I tried my Schick C1 that had a missing tooth (it's an open comb model) at the end, exposing the corner.

I have been wet shaving since November.

Joe in Ballard

Rarely, except when I go back and try that Muhle R41, I just cannot seem to get the knack of shaving with it. Everything else is fine.

Been at it (straights) for almost a year (35+ years DE) and very rarely get a nick. When I started with straights I did a few times because they where not sharp enough. Last few weeks I've had a couple small nicks but that was due to a neck injury, had very little feeling in my hands and feet and must have applied incorrect pressure during the shave.

I actually did get a few weepers yesterday, which is rare for me. It was my third shave with an Ikon Sk9 loaded with med preps. I am still learning this razor. I Got them on the first pass using the open comb side.

I notice a weeper once or twice a week. The nicks, not so much. Does a cut on the thumb count back when I first started? That one made a mess and taught me a lesson. :lol:

This is a timely introduction to a humorous short film called "The Big Shave" that I saw with my dad way back in the mid-60's. It is a very early Scorsese movie short about a young fellow shaving and is horrifying and weird. The a nick turns into blood flowing like water, and the fellow seems completely unconcerned about the splattering of his vital fluid. Ghastly, but hilarious!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=otxlzSMcBTo

Last edited:
Been DE shaving since May and have not nicked myself yet. Have gotten a weeper about once a month, got a couple once or twice in 8 months, and once got several in a very small area almost as soon as I started shaving which I think was due to a bad blade.

I attribute a lot of this to my EJ DE89 razor, which seems built to be easy on the face. I've been using a new Futur since xmas. So far, so good. But I'll be curious to see if I continue my good luck over a longer period of time - and as I crank it up from the lowest setting I've been using so far.

been shaving 2 weeks and had my first cut tonight. 3rd pass shaving from upper lip across to my right ear. Just nicked my upper lip, barely. Great results so far. Tried to Gillette slide from my ear down across my neck. Very surprised I didn't cut myself with a new blade. Also very satisfied with smoother neck.

I get a weeper or two once or twice a week, but that is because I go to close. Have some problem areas where I often buff too much, and end up with a weeper. Nothing more than cold water an AS can handle though.

At first, with a more aggressive razor and bad technique, but a year later, with a Feather or Ultra in a vintage Superspeed, it's now a rare occasion to see blood.
Witch Hazel or alum block take care of anything these days.

weepers almost every shave along my jaw line and throat. if i don't try to go A/XTG in those areas i am left with very noticeable hair.

I have nicked myself probably 5 times in the last 2 years, but I don't think I have has so much as a nick in the
last year. My two Lady Gillettes just give a smooth, effortless, no hassle shave every time.

I've been DE shaving for almost two years now but I don't consider myself quite the seasoned veteran. Not yet but I'm getting there. I found my old Mach 3 the other day and laughed, though, I'd forgotten all about it!

I do two stupid things: Every now and then I will rest the razor on my face and reposition my fingers. Why I do this I don't know -well, to reposition my fingers obviously, but I know what will happen well in advance but do it anyway. The razor will often slide a bit across my cheek, chin, wherever it is, and cut me. Happens about 50% of the time. Sometimes I get lucky. I know NOT to do it but do it anyway, habitually.

The other thing I do is close my eyes when I shave my lip - only when I go ATG. I don't know why, perhaps because I can't see through my hand anyway. I don't often cut myself but on occasion I'll nick right under my nose. Stupid stuff, I know, but for the most part I get really good smooth shaves with only the occasional nick from the removal of part of a pimple or something, that closes with a cold water splash.

Strangely enough, since I started DE shaving (a few months ago)... I think I've had maybe one weeper.

Not a single nick and even that weeper, I'm not sure I can count it as it was very small.

I just hope that it's not a question that I'll end up with something to make up for it at some point.

Especially since I just purchased a straight razor (the type that takes the half the DE blades).

But I can't even do the poll as I don't fall under any of the choices.

DE shaving for a month and a half. Typically, I get a couple weepers on my neck just under my jawline when I try to get a reallt close shave.

Top Bottom