What's new

How not to improve your house.

It gets heavily salted in the winter.
And don't have much of a bumper left on the car.
1673668044547.png

Tirvine

ancient grey sweatophile
More than once I have hung hooks or pegs and regretted the way they looked, but at least they got the mops and brooms, gardening tools, gimme caps, belts out of the way. Now that I live at the far more relaxed pace of retirement and empty nest, I take the time to measure, cut a suitable board, finish off the edges and corners with a plane and sandpaper, drill it, screw on nice hooks (using similarly shaped and finished hooks throughout the house), finish it, and mount it with molly bolts. I have also given up on eyeballing angles for pegs. I am not a human drill press, and it shows.

Claudel Xerxes

Staff member
Oh, man. When I was looking for a house a few years ago, my realtor and I came across quite a few funny things. I didn't get any pictures, but he would take some to share with his associates for a good laugh. Probably one of the most interesting was a completely transparent glass bathroom door. It was on the main floor right off the kitchen, so there was absolutely no privacy. The only thing we could think of was that maybe there was somebody who needed to be kept an eye on due to medical or psychological reasons.

Tirvine

ancient grey sweatophile
Reminds me of when a sign painter for a condominium development knocked off for the weekend before finishing. So for two and a half days it was "Briar Green, a garden condom."

Not a house but this is at work. And if anybody knows anything about the venturi principal please chime in. I would like to fix this and have the container back on the floor.

Maintenance can't figure out how to get the suction going. So they put the 50 LB 5 gallon container on top of the PLASTIC ELECTRICAL CABINET. It's gravity-fed and never stops feeding.

Edit. I would put this in the not safe for work , OSHA violations, thread that luv my super has but I can't find it
20240402_151431.jpg

luvmysuper

My elbows leak
Staff member
Not a house but this is at work. And if anybody knows anything about the venturi principal please chime in. I would like to fix this and have the container back on the floor.

Maintenance can't figure out how to get the suction going. So they put the 50 LB 5 gallon container on top of the PLASTIC ELECTRICAL CABINET. It's gravity-fed and never stops feeding.

Edit. I would put this in the not safe for work , OSHA violations, thread that luv my super has but I can't find it

Where is the tie in?
What is it tying into?
What conditions exist beyond the tie in? (Pressure, flow, etc).
Can you get pics from a few angles to better illustrate what they THINK is supposed to be happening?
I've worked on acid injection systems to combat scale build up in piping, and gravity feed has never worked unless it was to a recirc tank under zero pressure and the injection point was not exposed to flow.
If it is tying into that piping with the blue lines, it's never going to work because the lines are way above the high point of the 5 gallon jug.
It appears that the line is also pressurized, as there is a solenoid controlled valve on the line.
If it IS feeding that line, it's only going to work if the jug is high enough to overcome head in the line, and if the line is pressurized at all, that pressure has to go into the calculations for head pressure.
If it's a drain line, then the jug HAS to be above the high point of the line, and if there is any pressure at all in the line, then you're looking at having to put the jug on the second story roof.
In cases like that, a small injection pump is recommended.

Last edited:

Rudy Vey

Shaving baby skin and turkey necks

View attachment 1822645
When I was still working, we had to submit at least three "near Misses" per year...this one would quite nicely fit.
Love the liquid on top of the electrical box...

Top Bottom