What's new

How much would you pay for this? Vintage Gillette blades

Howdy,

I ran across this in a local antique store and considered asking the price but got sidetracked. What would be a decent price for the package fo blades? Are they any good?

Attachments

• CA49C061-404A-46FD-BB57-1760D183BA4E.jpeg
    CA49C061-404A-46FD-BB57-1760D183BA4E.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 111
I don't trust old blades. It doesn't take a lot of corrosion to take a perfectly smooth blade and turn it into an incredibly uncomfortable shaver.

Yeah, these aren’t for using. This is something to be displayed in a den. And when that is the case, whatever you call throw-away money for such a thing is what it’s worth to you, IMO.

See if you can find them on EBay if you are looking for a comparable cost. But like previously mentioned, if you think they are cool and the price seems ok to you, buy them!

If you are a collector, buy some. If you want to shave w them, just buy new production blades that will give you a far better shave.

We can't say, the terms of use are pretty clear on B&B being an appraisal site.

Sorry.

Whether they're any good or not depends on the conditions endured over the many decades of storage.
+1 on that advice. They're carbon blades and while I've been able to track down ones to use in pristine condition, from the looks of the fact they're displayed in the open, odds are very high against them.

Top Bottom