What's new

How much time do you spend on your shaving "hobby"?

How much time (average per week) do you spend on your shaving hobby?

• <1 hour

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • 1 hour to <2 hours

Votes: 1 6.7%
  • 2 hours to <4 hours

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 4 hours to <8 hours

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • 8 hours to <12 hours

• 12 hours to <20 hours

• 20 hours to <30 hours

• 30 hours to <40 hours

• 40 hours to <60 hours

• 60 hours of greater

Votes: 2 13.3%

• Total voters

rbscebu

Girls call me Makaluod
The expense of shaving as a hobby has been well covered here in B&B.

How much time do you spend on your shaving hobby? This includes your shaving and everything related to your shaving such as maintenance, buying/selling, playing with your shaving gear and even reading/posting on B&B and other related forums etc.

Last edited:
Aside from shaving the most time I spend is gratting, pressing soaps into bowls when low, or when I get tired of using a bowl putting a soap into another bowl or shaving, mixing and pressing Williams/Dove into a bowl but not too often , it lasts a long time. Then every so often , about evey 6 months, I put my razors in my jewelry cleaner. Then there's stopping at thrift stores and summer time yard sales looking for goodies.

For me the shave itself is probably the least amount of time I spend on the hobby haha. I enjoy reading/talking to people about it, occasionally hunting online/at antique shops, and general maintenance (cleaning razors, maintaining edges, tinkering with things that don't need tinkering, ect.)

For me the shave itself is probably the least amount of time I spend on the hobby haha. I enjoy reading/talking to people about it, occasionally hunting online/at antique shops, and general maintenance (cleaning razors, maintaining edges, tinkering with things that don't need tinkering, ect.)
+1

I probably spend 4 hours a week on shaving and maintenance. Maybe more sometimes if I'm working on a honing or restoration project.

I'm not going to guesstimate how much time I spend here with you gents, or surfing the auction site. It's a lot but I wouldn't have it any other way.

+2! Yes indeed, me too! I voted for the 4-8 hours/week category. :thumbup1::thumbup1:

Top Bottom