What's new

How much soap do you have?

AimlessWanderer

Remember to forget me!
I have a slightly unusual approach to soaps. I keep one cream, one mug soap, and a sample sized portion of a mug soap in the bathroom. Any more than that, is too much choice for me to face at each shave. I also have a stockpile of new stuff waiting to be needed.

Creams:
I have one cream open, and three new and unused ones to follow on. Two of those are identical to the one that's currently in use.

Mug soaps:
Only one mug soap in use, and another nine new and unused soaps to follow.

Tub soaps:
Four tub soaps open which I scoop the portions from, and another seven new and unused tubs waiting their turn. However, two of the open ones are so soft they need using like creams, so they will take that role when the current cream is finished, and I'll probably open another tub soap.

Other soaps:
I have a new Mitchell's Wool Fat, which would take the role of the mug soap when brought into service, and a bar of Ach Brito Mogno which would probably take the same role. I also use shave stick for travel, and have about eight to ten of those I think. I also have several soap samples, which will be served up in place of the tub soap portions.

This is all the soap I have and it's way too much, looking fwd to 3017-ing this down to 2 pucks.

The Opuntia and the Undersea are definite keepers, the rest won't be replenished once gone, for either lackluster performance (Acqua, Humidor) or not the greatest scent (Kaizen).

1612952512697.png

6 kgs ? Even if one shave uses 1gram of soap, you have stock for 6000 shaves ! How can that be 7 years only ???
Enjoy !
I didn't the exact math, so I don't know how many grams I use to shave but I also shave my head! And sometimes I give soaps to my friends. However, my stocks makes me feel ready to go and live in my house on the mountains, far away from civilization. Maybe I just need more blades.

montela.jpg

I have a puck of Mitchell’s Wool Fat (of course) 5 samples from Stirling Soap, 30 samples from TOBS and one tub of TOBS Jermyn Street. I have no idea how many kilos that is. I’m still metric challenged when it comes to weight.

This will be easier if I list them

Soaps
DR Harris Windsor
Arko puck
Wickham Soap Co Shamrock Tweed
Wickham Soap Co Ninfeo di Egeria
Captain's Choice Nor'Easter
Captain's Choice Lime
Stirling Executive Man
Pre de Provence #63
B&M Seville
Declaration Grooming After the Rain
Jabonman/BullGoose Mediterraneo
La Toja Stick x2
I am not planning on buying anymore until I use up some of what I have.

Not too much. Open tubs of Prorasso Red and Green. An open tube of Latoja. Small amount of Arko tub. Some Lucky Tiger Liquid Cream Shave. Reuzul shave cream. And the most frequently used Tabac tub. When one product is used up. I'll buy a new product.

This is all the soap I have and it's way too much, looking fwd to 3017-ing this down to 2 pucks.

The Opuntia and the Undersea are definite keepers, the rest won't be replenished once gone, for either lackluster performance (Acqua, Humidor) or not the greatest scent (Kaizen).

View attachment 1220907
Did Ariana and Evans improve their Tub quality? Never seen those nice black lids on them before

By looking inside my closet I found :

RazoRock Dead Sea
RazoRock Santa Maria del Fiore
RazoRock Mudderfocker
Goodfellas Smile Pino Alpestre
Goodfellas Smile Abysso
Goodfellas Smile Inferno
Fine Green Vetiver
Fine Lavender
Phoenix and Beau Pall Mall
Phoenix and Beau Spitfire
Cella brick
Tabac
2x Czech & Speake No. 88
2x Czech & Speake Oxford & Cambridge
Valobra stick
10x La Toja stick
12x Arko stick
4x MWF
SV Cosmo
SV Felce Aromatica
SV Tundra Artica
SV Stella Alpina
SV Dolomiti
SV 70th
SV Manna di Sicilia
MdC Rose
MdC Natural
MdC Original

Will be adding SV Desert Vetiver, SV Cubebe, MdC Fougere and MdC Vetyver in near future as I obviously NEED those. :pipe:

By looking inside my closet I found :

RazoRock Dead Sea
RazoRock Santa Maria del Fiore
RazoRock Mudderfocker
Goodfellas Smile Pino Alpestre
Goodfellas Smile Abysso
Goodfellas Smile Inferno
Fine Green Vetiver
Fine Lavender
Phoenix and Beau Pall Mall
Phoenix and Beau Spitfire
Cella brick
Tabac
2x Czech & Speake No. 88
2x Czech & Speake Oxford & Cambridge
Valobra stick
10x La Toja stick
12x Arko stick
4x MWF
SV Cosmo
SV Felce Aromatica
SV Tundra Artica
SV Stella Alpina
SV Dolomiti
SV 70th
SV Manna di Sicilia
MdC Rose
MdC Natural
MdC Original

Will be adding SV Desert Vetiver, SV Cubebe, MdC Fougere and MdC Vetyver in near future as I obviously NEED those. :pipe:
Make sure you don't omit the SV Opuntia 4.3 form your SV collection :straight: :straight: :straight:

Even I do not like Aventus?
Well, tough one TBH, as I love Opuntia and am not a kind of guy who'd buy a Creed EDP, ever. I like nice fragrances, but not at that price range. I'd rather buy a custom-made SR like Koraat or Brian Brown than a 100ml EDP for $300-$400. Here in Europe, online retailers sell all four 100ml SV EDPs at €75, while Aventus sells for €300+, four times as much. No thank you.

Anyways, the soap to me has such a GREAT scent and the aftershave, too. I am constantly "torn" between Opuntia and Desert Vetiver. Each time I use one of those, I feel that one is the best ever SV scent. So, maybe give the Desert Vetiver a shot, instead?

Well, tough one TBH, as I love Opuntia and am not a kind of guy who'd buy a Creed EDP, ever. I like nice fragrances, but not at that price range. I'd rather buy a custom-made SR like Koraat or Brian Brown than a 100ml EDP for $300-$400. Here in Europe, online retailers sell all four 100ml SV EDPs at €75, while Aventus sells for €300+, four times as much. No thank you.

Anyways, the soap to me has such a GREAT scent and the aftershave, too. I am constantly "torn" between Opuntia and Desert Vetiver. Each time I use one of those, I feel that one is the best ever SV scent. So, maybe give the Desert Vetiver a shot, instead?

I have owned Aventus and sold it as it was not my thing. So I have kinda deliberately skipped Opuntia.
Scentwise, other SV scents have been nice so far except Mirto which I luckily never bought. Have not tried Desert Vetiver or Cubebe but still there is an urge to get them.

I have owned Aventus and sold it as it was not my thing. So I have kinda deliberately skipped Opuntia.
Scentwise, other SV scents have been nice so far except Mirto which I luckily never bought. Have not tried Desert Vetiver or Cubebe but still there is an urge to get them.
FWIW, to my nose Cubebe is "Opuntia light", very similar, but not as strong. I like it, but not as much as Opuntia.

Desert Vetiver reminds me of the Pino Silvestre EDT.

Top Bottom