What's new

How much soap do you have?

Not buying anymore until I finished them, which will take forever.

Pré de Provence No.63 (2)
Proraso Shaving Soap in a Jar, White Line, with Green Tea and Oat-Ultra Sensitive Skin (1)
Proraso Shaving Soap in a Jar, Green Line, with Eucalyptus Oil and Menthol (1)

JWCowboy

Probably not Al Bundy
Way too much. I'd estimate enough to easily last 15-20 years.

The same can be said for Aftershave & Blades :eek2:

Here's a photo of just the "artisan" stuff. I still have a bunch of assorted pucks of stuff like vintage Williams, etc, several tubes of Proraso. As well as a brick of Cella, a brick of Vitos, a couple of Valobra in the beer fridge.

It's ridiculous and out of control. Like @emwolf said, I kick myself for buying anything new, but it still happens on occasion.

1612805252874.png

Luc

"To Wiki or Not To Wiki, That's The Question".
Staff member
Here's a photo of just the "artisan" stuff. I still have a bunch of assorted pucks of stuff like vintage Williams, etc, several tubes of Proraso. As well as a brick of Cella, a brick of Vitos, a couple of Valobra in the beer fridge.

It's ridiculous and out of control. Like @emwolf said, I kick myself for buying anything new, but it still happens on occasion.

View attachment 1220077

you may get in troubles if you leave them there... just sayin’

JWCowboy

Probably not Al Bundy
I have about a kilo of soap and half a kilo of cream tubes (Very less in B&B units) and I'm waiting to get a better idea about what I actually like to use.

Hey this is off topic @Contact_vs_Feedback but I have to ask because of your Avatar, have you seen the new Mikkelsen film? I posted a query in the thread "What is the significance of your avatar" as well.......

Hmmm more than I can finish so....
If I buy a jar I give half away... but tend to get another huge sample back.
Buy samples instead of jars but also get samples.
From leftover samples and soaps I turn frankensoaps which when good I give a part away....
And sometimes I bin soap because it is definitely not my thing. And I need the empty jar for something else

But all in all I guesstimate there is a kilo of soap easily between that 40 ish soaps and darn no soapy massage in the rack

Attachments

• D0D78D36-1FE7-470D-823A-E4B95AC7F284.jpeg
    D0D78D36-1FE7-470D-823A-E4B95AC7F284.jpeg
    5.5 MB · Views: 80

Ravenonrock

I shaved the pig
I have plenty, but there are a few I’m still interested in. Right now it’s manageable, soap and cream fit in a medium sized drawer in my bathroom, with room to spare. So far so good, but like I said, there’s still room.

Did my wife put you up to this?

Just kidding.

I have around 30 soaps. Way more than I need. I keep telling myself I have enough, but then I read or watch a review, or an artisan posts a new release and I get antsy and order it. I have a few in the mail and then I need to shut it down.

That’s one of the hard parts of the hobby, for me at least. I love learning about soaps, razors, the whole bit, but then I start to feel like I NEED the thing I’m looking into. So, to answer your question, too much. Now to try and shop my collection and use and enjoy what I have.

I have one less than I did yesterday, but still three more than I did last week. I'm right around 30, but that doesn't include samples or the 6 I'm giving away on the YouTube channel.

View attachment 1220077
Top row, 2nd column from left. I just don’t think it’s possible to make a better shaving soap than GD Angel.

Nice collection!

Top Bottom