What's new

How much should you pay for modern cufflinks?

I see some for $50 and some for well over $500. I have read the other threads here on cufflinks, but none mention a price point. If the cufflink is made of silver, what is an appropriate price?

I have quite a few cufflinks (my wifes great grandfathers) anyways it all depends where you go as well (ex. Nordstroms of course is going to be a rip) It also depends on howuch you'll use them. Do you want to pay 500.00 for something you'll rarely wear? IMO I'd pay no more than 80-120 for silver cuffs.

I have quite a few cufflinks (my wifes great grandfathers) anyways it all depends where you go as well (ex. Nordstroms of course is going to be a rip) It also depends on howuch you'll use them. Do you want to pay 500.00 for something you'll rarely wear? IMO I'd pay no more than 80-120 for silver cuffs.

Agreed. I like vintage cuff links and they are usually cheaper and better quality.

It's like many luxury items, the price range varies wildly.

Silver is the most popular metal right now, along with silver and various stones or gems.

High end designers like David Yurman and John Hardy get a premium for their stuff because of their reputation. And they are very nice, distinctive designs.

Depends a lot of where you shop for them. If your town has a jewelry mart- a section of town where lots of jewelry wholesales sell their stuff- you should be able to get a nice pair of real silver cufflinks for $75-$100. Maybe even less. I see you're just outside of Charlotte, and my guess is there's a jewelry district downtown.

Online offerings will always be pricier and anything with a designer name attached pricier too.

Be aware, with department stores like Macys, Bloomingdales, Nordstroms, many of their cufflinks are designer, but NOT real silver. Mall type jewelry stores may feature real silver and or gem stones, but with crazy markups.

Saks, Nieman feature real silver from designers with prices to match.

The jewelry wholesalers designs will not be as well designed, but they'll be fine. I'm sure you have some fashion sense...stick with something classic and simple.

I don't have any quick suggestions on how to find them, but I would bet money there are amateur jewelry designers in your town too. They'd be a great source if you could find them.

Last edited:
If you want modern-designer, I'd go with Burberry or Cartier in the $200-$250 range. Anything cheaper and you might as well go vintage.

I paid $100 for a pair like this. They're handmade here in Toronto by a local guy. They're made from vintage watch movements. Very cool, if you happen to like things like this (which I do).

s.

I paid $100 for a pair like this. They're handmade here in Toronto by a local guy. They're made from vintage watch movements. Very cool, if you happen to like things like this (which I do).

s.

Those are SHARP! I may need to send that link to my girlfriend for Christmas :thumbup:

One of the issues I have with some of the designers (e.g. Gucci, Ferragamo) is that they make some okay looking sterling silver links for a fairly reasonable price but it's branded with their logo.

I like a lot of designer stuff for sure. But I don't want a cufflink with GUCCI stamped in it.

Tiffany has some elegant designs, "branded" and plain. (DON'T click on the gold ones!)

Last edited:
I can live with some of their crap...the cutesy little "branding" buckles on Gucci or Ferragamo loafers, but I draw the line on my cufflinks or my watch.

Agreed. I like vintage cuff links and they are usually cheaper and better quality.

E-bay has a ton of great vintage cufflinks and they often go for a song unless there's something special about them.

I bought a rose gold and black mother of pearl set of cuflinks and studs in the original box for $15.

I have 20+ pairs. Trust me... ebay all the way!! The most I paid is $30 for some brand new Brooks Brothers cuff links.

S

Sam

Well, I do have a pair of John Hardy but my wife wears his jewelry, and Yurman, and well, the Hardy were cheaper and looked better. $180 for those, but now they are over $300.

If I have the $$, I love the classic look and quality construction of Robert Talbott cufflinks. Here are some that show what I like, and the elongated pink pair, I have it in yellow and want it in red

http://cgi.ebay.com/ROBERT-TALBOTT-...emQQptZLH_DefaultDomain_0?hash=item5884a8c844

http://cgi.ebay.com/ROBERT-TALBOTT-...emQQptZLH_DefaultDomain_0?hash=item4a9cb5b992

or funky light blue ones

http://cgi.ebay.com/ROBERT-TALBOTT-...emQQptZLH_DefaultDomain_0?hash=item20ae519928

Top Bottom