What's new

How much is too much?

OkieStubble

Dirty Donuts are so Good.
Colt > Springfield....I have owned each in the 1911 platform.

The Colt was really tempting I have to admit and it was only $100 more then the Springfield. The only things that turned me off about it was the plastic grip panels they try to make look like wood and it was only a 3 inch barrel. But man did it feel good in my hand.

OkieStubble

Dirty Donuts are so Good.
I was at an outdoor event this past Sunday. Not a gun-related event. I was not carrying, and did not initiate these conversations. And these were strangers.

No less than four people came up asking me where they can find 9mm. Anything. One already had over 3,000 rounds, but wanted more because they were now practicing so much. Desperate faces.

All I could tell them was to avoid the reloads, befriend their LGS, and try to not get fleeced.

Others were asking about the best first HD weapons and getting CCWs. Scared faces, when they were told about the long county processing backlogs and inventory shortages. One middle aged woman offered to sell another middle aged lady a spare Mossberg she had on hand.

I also read a story yesterday that a growing number of long haul truckers are now carrying who weren’t before.

Demand is only intensifying.

Agreed. While there is always something more in a specific caliber I could use, I'm pretty desperate for .30-.30 right now. I mostly, have a pretty healthy ammo closet for most of the firearms I own and use. However, I am now realizing, the least of ammo I have, is for the firearms with a more basic manual of arms, like revolver, lever action and bolt, because these are the least I shoot.

Realizing now, they are actually the very firearms, I should have had the most ammo for.

nortac

"Can't Raise an Eyebrow"
Reality smacks us in the face and shows us the folly of our pre conceived notions.

The Colt was really tempting I have to admit and it was only $100 more then the Springfield. The only things that turned me off about it was the plastic grip panels they try to make look like wood and it was only a 3 inch barrel. But man did it feel good in my hand.

Mine has a plastic mainspring housing on such an otherwise beautiful Colt. The grips are wood though!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Top Bottom