What's new

How much have you spent on your shaving gear? Up until now?

How much you have spent on your shaving gear up untill now?

• 0 to $50?(Dont worry!! It will go up.)

• $51 to $100?(Yes it is begining.)

• $101 to $150?(Oh yeah!!!!)

• $151 to $200?(It's just one time!!!!)

• $201 and more?(DONT TELL ANY ONE.)

Results are only viewable after voting.
If I would have stopped at one brush and one razor it would have been a reasonable figure, but now I actually look forward to shaving.

Absolutely! The journey, and the little side-trips, make it all worthwhile. And when the Wife rubs my face and coos - Gold! :thumbup:

Plz vote your answer and let us know how much have you spent on your shaving gears(razors,blades,creams,soaps,preshave oils,creams etc.,)

Also mention that why you have joined the wet shaving?
(1)cost shaving(Kidding:lol:)
(2)Better shave and experience

Vivroy

P.S. I would appreciate if every one will keep their post sweet and small so that new guys can decide what they are getting into and plz don't hijack this thread.Thanks in advance.

I first got into wet shaving to honor a tradition that my father and grandfather handed down to me and I find it to be more enjoyable than using cartridges. We shaving gives you a slightly closer shave than a multi blade can, and if done correctly it cuts down on bumps. It can also be much less expensive if you don't too caught up with razor collecting which I found to be a fun hobby.

Just when my spending slowed down to a trickle, I "discovered" straight-razors.

The sky -and my children's college funds - are the limit...

So far I'm one of the cheaper folks voting! I haven't been a wetshaver for too long, though. I hope to find a good deal on a DE soon!

I think on my two Joris razors ( Horn handle, and Olive wood) alone I have spent double the $200.00. It is easy to spend on this "hobby" but the enjoyment and payoff are worth much more!

le sigh... NZ isn't so cheap for the DE experience, but still far cheaper than cartridge! I'm well into the $200+ zone now, and that's only about 3 orders worth of stuff, but even so; 8x Fusion cartridges cost nearly $40 at the supermarket over here, and there's the fact that the handle eventually dies (about once a year) so even if I leave it in that range, I still save over the course of a year... Of course, I'm sure everybody knows what happens when you get one DE though... because now, I just want more!!

I voted today, but the number is sure to go up in the next hour, day, week....... Can we change our votes up until the polls close????

Robert

Oh, about

proxy.php

I voted today, but the number is sure to go up in the next hour, day, week....... Can we change our votes up until the polls close????

Robert

Robert, you are a disgrace to this forum! You joined LAST MONTH already, you have 11 posts, and you are telling use that you are not YET up to that measly $201 top level?!!!!!

In seriousness, however, no you can't change a vote on the forum... Sorry :(

I have spent more than the $200 limit.

Cost, tradition, and history brought me here. Funds have furnished the opportunity to try many items. Whether it is aesthetics, or plain functionality, enjoy the experience and the items.

Robert, you are a disgrace to this forum! You joined LAST MONTH already, you have 11 posts, and you are telling use that you are not YET up to that measly $201 top level?!!!!!

In seriousness, however, no you can't change a vote on the forum... Sorry :(

I joined 10/23/2011, so it hasn't been a month yet. I'm sure I can get to the $200.00 mark in the next 13 days. :)

So far I bought a B1 Super Speed, TOB avocado shave cream, several used / reknotted brushes, blade sampler pack, stand and Merkur 33C. Not too bad for half a month.

Robert

Last edited:
Newbie here. I have about twenty to twenty-five dollars in mine altogether. I am, however, an enabler as I help my hubby scope out new acquisitions for his collection...wouldn't mind finding something for myself either. :)

I would not have been too bad if I had not started straight razor shaving and developed AD's for STR8's, Hones, & Strops!

Top Bottom