What's new

How much have you spent on a single soap purchase?

Not counting people who bought warehouses of williams or something along those lines. I'm thinking more of soaps you want to try. So one day you went crazy and bought 10 pucks of MB soap, 5 QED sticks, all of the ogalalla soaps and every single top 20 hit (MWF, Tabac, etc...)

4 is the most pucks I've bought at one time. Some kind of psychological block prevented me from ordering more. So I waited a week for another 4 pucks.

4 is the most pucks I've bought at one time. Some kind of psychological block prevented me from ordering more. So I waited a week for another 4 pucks.

Yeah, I do the same thing too. I spread out my purchases, for the most part. Death by a thousand cuts, instead of by guillotine, really!

Just over $70 shipped for a bowl of Martin de Candre. Still hate myself for that... except, of course, when I'm shaving with it. :drool:

65 for the tallow formula of Penhaligons EF in a wooden bowl. I don't regret it because it was worth every penny spent and I still ALOT left.

And here I thought that $30 for a bowl of Arlington was pricey! :blink:

Here's one for ya, first purchace didn't even know what penhaligons was bought the BB in the glass jar with the silver plated lid for 65-70. Lucked out cause it one of my favorites but no more buying without reviewing for me now.

$65 on a Penhaligon's Blenheim Tallow puck and wooden bowl...which I later sold on the B/S/T....:glare:

Do not feel bad. I payed $165 for two pucks of Blenheim Bouquet, a puck of English Fern, and bowls for each and then sold all on the BST (EF was tallow first and BB was tallow fifth).

Do not feel bad. I payed $165 for two pucks of Blenheim Bouquet, a puck of English Fern, and bowls for each and then sold all on the BST (EF was tallow first and BB was tallow fifth).

I know...why do we do that? :lol: Rhetorical question here...I sold mine to get into straights...which I'm really enjoying now.

But I do occassionally miss a nice, Tallow-fifth Blenheim experience....

Just over $70 shipped for a bowl of Martin de Candre. Still hate myself for that... except, of course, when I'm shaving with it. :drool:

Was that for the wood bowl or the glass jar? I've been looking at that myself, but was wondering how much shipping is. Granted, it is 170g so it is basically 2 pucks of Trumpers or something similar.

The bowl is pretty sweet the way the soap looks like cottage cheese in it, but not sure if it is worth the extra $

So far I've been sticking with my base order to start wet shaving. Definitely showing early SSAD symptoms though...every day i keep looking at my basket online and want to pull the trigger on 2 GFT pucks (Lime and Coconut), 1 Arlington, 1 Plisson, 1 Provence Sante. (~100 CAD) No bowls until i figure out what i like. I'm managing to hold back for now, telling myself there is no point until I've figured the wet shaving out a bit more. I wonder how long I'll manage to hold out...

ouch

Stjynnkii membörd dummpsjterd
I like to spread my purchases out over a long period of time, in a failed attempt to convince myself that I'm spending less. :huh:

Top Bottom