What's new
  • Welcome back Guest!
    If you have been away from our site you may have to request a new password. Simply click on the link for "lost" password in the log in page.
    Thank you.
    The BST is now open, please note the changes in our guidelines to address the recent fraudulent activity. Ensure you read the guidelines prior to creating a sale thread in the Buy-Sell-Trade forum with special attention to the new photo and payment requirements.
    Thank you for your patience and understanding.

How Much for a Red Tip?

Blondie

Contributor
What is the most you'd pay for a red tip? There is currently a BIN on Ebay for 169.99. Has the case, old Blue Blades, and instructions. It is a very nice looking Super Speed. Is this now the going rate for a red tip? Again, it's nice, but not listed as NOS

I bought a user grade red tip about 3 months ago on the bay for $27 shipped.

However if you like it and it looks to be in good shape, treat yourself. :biggrin1:

Blondie

Contributor
For the record, I have a red tip in phenomenal condition. I shave with everything I buy, so cases and provenance are not that important to me. I am just curious of what the market has done in the last ten years or so since many folks seem to be willing to spend 500+ dollars on a razor to trim a goatee. Back then, admitting to selling a replated razor almost guaranteed a no sale. I even saw a bottom dial go for over 5000 dollars on the bay a while back. That seems a bit ridiculous to me, but as a capitalist, a razor is worth what someone will pay for it at a given moment...

Last edited by a moderator:

Whiterook

Contributor
There are a lot of sellers on the bay that have extremely inflated prices. He may be trolling for a sucker or he could actually believe that is a fair price.

The market is like that. If you see 10 GEM 1912s on the bay that average around $20, you’ll also find one for $76. Mind you the one for $76 never sells and keeps getting relisted over and over.

I paid close to $200CAD for mine. It was newly rehabbed and replated in platinum. It was my birth year and I wanted it.
I stand corrected. I checked back on my eBay purchases and found my replated red tip. I paid US$115 for it. It’s gorgeous and I shave with it.

There are a lot of sellers on the bay that have extremely inflated prices. He may be trolling for a sucker or he could actually believe that is a fair price.
I have been watching this one listing where they say its a new sc but its an obvious post war tech. They stuck it in a fancy case and marked it way up.

I bought a good condition (almost no paint loss or brassing) A4 Red Tip Superspeed for approximately $35 two or three years ago. Since it is from the birth quarter of my late wife it holds special meaning and is worth far more to me than the price I paid.

Blondie

Contributor
I bought a good condition (almost no paint loss or brassing) A4 Red Tip Superspeed for approximately $35 two or three years ago. Since it is from the birth quarter of my late wife it holds special meaning and is worth far more to me than the price I paid.
That's a special razor.

Guess I need to look at my stock again if Red-Tips are getting bought up at those prices. But, I get it. If I see a razor I just have to have then I'd also spring for it.

Multum in parvo

Contributor
I would like to buy one, including postage for Europe, for $20-$30

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Over here they are really rare. I was originally looking for a British Red Tip but to no avail. There a tons of Flare Tips to be found, occasionally also black handle ones but blue or red tips are really scare.

Top Bottom