What's new

How Much Do You Pay For a Haircut?

I used to pay $14 with a $4 tip at a chain. I got tired of getting different haircuts every time, even with my information in their system, so I found a barber and now I pay $20 with a $5 tip, usually once every 4 to 5 weeks.

Same here - $0.

Have done my own crew cut for going on 20 years. I do 98% of the cut, then my wonderful wife edges the neck line for me.

I used to pay $16 every 3-5 weeks. I wear my hair short and as I sat there getting a clipper cut one day I asked myself, "Why am I not doing this myself?" I bought a clipper set which paid for itself in 2-3 haircuts. I'm saving some $$ and find that I'm cutting my hair more frequently than when I was paying to have it done.

I've been lucky and found a GREAT Supercuts close by. With my military discount, haircuts only cost $13. I usually throw in a $2-3 tip, sometimes more if they do a great job or stay after closing to help me out. I do this every 3-4 weeks and touch up around the ears and neck on my own in the meantime.

$26 plus $4 tip. I know that's expensive compared to everyone else! I have an expensive barber but damn if he doesn't give me the best haircuts I've ever had.

I pay $12 +$3 tip to round it up to $15 every 4 weeks. My barber isn't great but he gets it good enough, and I use Groom and Clean to keep it neat. I used to have a barber that gave a great cut, but I moved to another town. I gave him $20.

I'm scared to try out other barbers to see how they do. I don't want to go to the one that will mess up my hair and I have to leave with it for a few weeks.

I shave my head currently, but usually about $15 for the cut, $5 for the tip, and $1-2 for the person that shampoos my hair prior to getting it cut.

I have a friend do it for £30. I don't mind as all the barber shops here are awful, plus she's professionally trained from a top salon and does the job cheaper than them.

About $ 14 + $ 1.00 tip...every 8 weeks or so. When I look in the mirror and my locks are beginning to flow like Fabio's...time for me to get a cut.

When I was about 9-10 years old, my parents would send me for a haircut every 2 weeks. It would cost about 50 cents then. That was in the late 1950's.

Last edited:
Top Bottom