What's new

How much do you love Razorock soaps? What are your favorite?

I have used Razorock Bay Rum shaving soap in a row.
It is not that Razorock soaps perform exceptionally well (they are just average or mediocre),
but that I always enjoy loading like I hate it while using RR.
In fact, I suspect anyone would load Razorock like he does Pannacrema Nuavia.
How much do you love Razorock soaps?
What are your favorite Razorock soaps?
Your opinions are welcome.
Thank you.

I actually find that RR soaps, even the budget ones, work very well especially for the price point and I find that their slickness is exceptional, but cushion is where they tend to lack until you get to the higher end soaps. I find SMDF and Dead Sea to be the best, but also the most pricey, and I feel they compete well with many of the top soaps and creams.

I've actually been on a bit of a RR run lately and have shaved 5 of my last 6 shaves with RR products. I'm very happy with them, but they aren't competing with Xpec, SMN, Nuavia, Valobra, or B&M, but for the price I could shave the rest of my life on them and not feel deprived.

Full disclosure, I have very soft natural water and I understand that that the slickness can be an issue with those who are in harder water areas.

I have a few RR soaps that I enjoy. The performance is decent, but some of the scents are exceptional!
Tuscan Oud, Dead Sea, XXX and the old Captains Choice Bay Rum are my choices.

Ad Astra

The Instigator
I have a few RR soaps that I enjoy. The performance is decent, but some of the scents are exceptional!...

I would echo this.

Do enjoy XX, a floral based off a cologne; and their Tobacco, which is pipe-tobacco-driven, IMO, and not confused with (glorious) Tabac. And of course Amici, a grapefruit scent soap which most everybody picks up for $6 or so.

AA

I love Razorock. My view is that they perform better than average and give great slick lather.

I have the Emperor, probably my best scent of all my soaps and Murder Focker which is also excellent and performs as a champ. It's not Valobra, it's not Saponificio, but it outperforms Proraso and the UK pucks such as Truefitt & Hill and Trumper.

I'm a fan of RR. They got me started on the DE journey. It's a good value and decent performance. I've found their WTP triple-milled soaps better performers than their croaps. After branching out to other soaps, there are better performers but they don't always smell as good. I'll still use them but lately I've been reaching for other soaps.

razorock is good stuff. especially for the money. XXX is an amazing scent. My favorite scent of all time. Stirling Piacenza is that ADP Colonia scent too. Need to buy another tub of XXX tho (;

As others have said, good soap for the money...scents are some of the best. Don Marco, Mudder Focker, One X, Tuscan Oud, are one's I have used.

I own mudder focker, xxx, and classic. I think they all smell fantastic. I wish they didn’t leave my face as dry as they do and I think they could be a bit slicker. But you get what you pay for. And it’s excellent at the price range.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

For me and my face, RazoRock soaps are the "cat's meow," and work especially well when face lathered with my
RazoRock Plissoft and Plissoft Silvertip brushes. Emperor, XXX, Tuscan Oud, and Essential Lavender --- sensational !

I have XXX, Tuscan Oud, Mudder Focker, good soaps, nice scents. I have a couple that I
don't use but these 3 are great.

I have always found each one to be a little bit different in terms of thirst, etc (which makes sense given their manufacturing model). But once I get them dialed in, I get consistently great shaves, especially from their new super tallow soaps. IMHO they’re one of the best values out there.

I get outstanding performance from razorock soaps. Very slick. My favorites are

1. Emperor
2. Don Marco
3 Mudder Focker
4. Dead Sea

I have a water softener and have noticed much better performance and slickness when the softener is actually working (meaning when I’ve remembered to put salt in)

RR soaps are quite good at their price point...I find some formulations tend to irritate my skin a little however. As for a favourite?...I think that goes to Zi Peppino. A nice scent and a decent performer. Don Marco is a lively scent as well.

Last edited:
Essential Oil of Lime and Essential Oil of Lavender are decent soaps and have a nice scent. Their performance and scent make them a nice option for summertime soaps that are a nice change from the 'everyday driver' soaps. Just my opinion.

Top Bottom