What's new

How much did you pay for your Birth year razor?

How much did your Birth Year razor cost you?

• Nothing - it was free

• 1 - 10

• 11 - 25

• 25 - 40

• 41 - 55

• 56-70

• 71 - 85

• 86 - 100

• 101 - 115

• 116 - 130

• 131 - 145

• 146 or more

Results are only viewable after voting.
K3 Slim, about 25 bucks or less on eBay, in pretty dam good condition. No brassing except in one place inside the doors.

C2 Super Adjustable - I got lucky and grabbed if off of ebay in near mint condition for $30 shipped. There weren't really any choices when it came to my birth year razor but I consider myself lucky I was able to find such a nice SA.

I have been able to find two birth year/quarter long handled black Super Adjustables (O-4...1969) and another O-2 I believe. I also have a very rough version of the same in black and gold which is also my birth year/quarter. I paid around $20-$30 for each. I am holding out hope that I'll find another very clean O-4 in black and gold, plus I'm from New Orleans and it would be a good Saints fan razor:biggrin1:.

How about another category for those who have been unable to find their birth year razor yet. 1986

Great poll! Actually I returned to DE shaving by finding a Gillette TTO at an antique shop for $5. That began my new hobby. It wasn't until months later that I discovered what year and date codes were. I was glad to find that my $5 Gillete was my birth year (1957). I'm still looking for a birth quarter, C3. Have one?

It'll probably be a hot minute before I'm able to find my birth year razor.

I'm looking for Super Adjustable H1(1987). Wish me luck....I'll need it.

Gillette super speed Z-2 was $24.00. I got a steal because it was in excellent condition. I bought it on the Bay in April of this year.

$25 NOS 1979 Gillette Tech- Still in the box, I would never use it to shave as it is way too light...looks good in the box though.

Attachments

• $1979 Tech Z4.jpg
    $1979 Tech Z4.jpg
    56.3 KB · Views: 78
Two years ago I purchased a 1948 Gillette Super Speed, including blades & box for $45. Add another $10 for shipping to Australia from the States.

Attachments

• $48ss.jpg
    $48ss.jpg
    164.7 KB · Views: 80
1951 Rolls Imperial Traveler Set.
the set was something like $20 + shipping (shipping a rolls is intere$ting) so say $40-45 total. Now the extra Rolls I bought for parts and the time I spent cleaning and reconditioning, I don't want to think about.

Attachments

• $DSCN1248 (2)a.jpg
    $DSCN1248 (2)a.jpg
    52.7 KB · Views: 72
Great thread, good to see all the birth year razors from everyone!

Shows how much age variation is on this forum, amazing :)

I am holding out hope that I'll find another very clean O-4 in black and gold, plus I'm from New Orleans and it would be a good Saints fan razor:biggrin1:.

Who Dat Baby!!

I guess I should begin looking for a birth year razor for myself. Any tips on how to start the search? I guess I should find out what razors were being made in '84.

garyg

B&B membership has its percs
Black tip ($30)

Super Speed ($23)

Both cased with blades.

proxy.php

proxy.php

Well, I'm in the Turtle category - the only things getting dated in 1951 were Harry Truman, and the Blacktips or Tech. My W-3 Black Tips Cost $23 cased for the steel handled one, $17.50 for the Aluminum handle. Both mint & cased with blades. Also a black plastic handled Tech that I had to give $6 for, no case though ..

$ssW-3cased.jpg

Top Bottom