What's new

How much $$$ did you invest in the shave den?

No person shall be held to answer for a capital, or otherwise infamous crime, unless on a presentment or indictment of a Grand Jury, except in cases arising in the land or naval forces, or in the Militia, when in actual service in time of War or public danger; nor shall any person be subject for the same offense to be twice put in jeopardy of life or limb; nor shall be compelled in any criminal case to be a witness against himself, nor be deprived of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law; nor shall private property be taken for public use, without just compensation.
This. :mellow:

Last edited:
I don't even like thinking about it. If I don't then I wont be compelled to calculate the amount. I dont, but i might talk in my sleep.

And to think that the money saved on cartridges is often given as the reason for venturing into traditional wetshaving....

As for me: In razors alone about € 400. I don't dare going into blades, soaps and creams. Let's just say that the roral amount would have kept me in cartridges for a long time. A very long time.

But to be fair to myself, quite a few of those razors will pop up in B/S/T soon.

I think I've got about $20 in mine,that includes enough blades for at least a year and enough soap for probably 2,I did this to save money not see how much I could spend!:001_tt2:

I was doing pretty good until I went down the custom ivory brushes road. Now a couple of new Beretta A400 shotguns and maybe 10 or 15 dozen new goose decoy's are beginning to look cheap. Fortunately, SWMBO thinks they are all the same, plastic is plastic right.

Let's see... I've currently got $40 in creams, $80 in my brush, $40 in my razor, and $20 in blades. Looks like I'm at $180.

That said I've bought and sold thousands of dollars worth the stuff on here since I started.

I started December 2008 and from start to present I have spent $105 total, but since I started back on B & B fighting the urge to buy is a daily struggle.

I told a friend I ordered a new brush form England. He said to be thankful I wasn't hooked on motorcycles!

Well.... easily a couple of grand.... BUT (here it is.... wait for it.... wait for it....)
considering that I easily have enough stuff to shave like a king for the rest of my life and pass along a generous amount of paraphernalia to my son (and his son(s)... it's a bargain at twice the price! (keep convincing yourself!)

Fatboy: free :001_smile
Sampler pack of 44 blades: ~$22
Brush:$23
3 Soaps: 1 @ $2; 2 @ free :001_smile:001_smile
Pinaud AS: ~$5
Stand: ~$15
Total: $65
BBS: Priceless :w00t::w00t::w00t:

Oh dear, I am not sure I want to say. I am not sure I wanted to add that up either. That is not a good number for being at this for just 3 months...I am almost certain I missed one or two things as well checking back through my transactions...Well just leave it at I have spent more than I spent on razor blades last year and I should probably start backing off a bit on the spending...

Mirror and brush stand - we already had this for years before I started £0
EJ razor £19
EJ Brush £12
AOS Sandalwood cream £12
Other cream £4
100 Derbys + other blades £20
---
£67

I'm sticking to my plan of asking for new stuff on Birthdays, Christmas, Father's day, etc.etc. Not 'cause I'm mean, but sick of getting crappy presents I don't want.
I'm getting BBS so don't need anything else. I think I hit lucky getting the EJ as my first razor, it's pretty much perfect.
I would like a year of birth Gillette Slim, or a Fat boy but there's load around I can wait.

Top Bottom