What's new

How much current stock of blades/soap/cream do you have?

Blades: about 4k or so

Soaps/Creams: Enough that I do not need to buy any through the next 10 years.

Razors: 16

Brushes: 34

Scuttles: 2

marty

R

romsitsa

Roughly 150 British Wilkinson Swords, way too many razors, 1 soap, 2 brushes.

Adam

75 blades
3 pucks Williams plus about 8 grams in the current puck.
I shouldn't need to buy anything until late 2021.

Well, let's see.
Two Gillette adjustable razors, two Gem Micromatics, plus a second Slim in the dopp kit. The Gillettes do 90% of the shaves. There are more razors around but they will find their way to new homes soon enough.
Seven brushes, of which three are in storage, three get regular use and one is travel-only.
100 each GSB, Derby Premium, vintage US Gillette Platinum Plus. 25 each Wilkinson Sword Classic, Gillette Stainless, Gillette Platinum, 7OC SharpEdge, Brazilian Gillette Platinum Plus. 30 Gem blades and 100 miscellaneous which will not get many opportunities because I like the mentioned others much better. Call it 550-ish. Probably about 10 years' supply
8 soaps, most of which are VDH. 6 full size lathering creams, two brushless and a handful of travel size creams. Should be good for three or four years minimum.
20 aftershave splashes of 17 different scents, which includes the two I made at home and I have plenty of ingredients to make more if I want to. Plus four balms.
No actual need to shop for anything for probably three years at a minimum.

Too much....lol. I have 16 razors. About 20 different creams/soaps and around 1,000 blades and 12 different types. Too much. Going to sell 6 razors soon.

Not in the game too long, so not too much at the moment...
a few Feather and Polsilver blades, and a new 10 pack of Derby blades that came with a EJ89 I purchased recently (decent razor, but I don't think I'll be keeping it).

Just one container of Taylor of Old Bond Street peppermint cream, and one tube of Proraso green.

Also, a few very small sample soaps from WCS that I'm planning on trying out.

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
650> DE & SE blades
45+ Razors ( mostly user grade vintage razors)
10+ soaps
1 boar & 5 synthetic brushes
9 aftershaves
Never thought I would have this much gear but I cut my own hair and do not have to buy gear for the next 8+ yrs and my gear has already mostly paid for it self if that means anything to folks and have enjoyed it very much learning the art of a great shave.
Have some great shaves!

Over 50 vintage razors (probably related to my affinity for vintage tools)
An embarrassing number of blades. (really embarrassing)
Enough Williams, Arko, and Palmolive to last 10-15 years, and a few other random soaps I rarely use.
4 brushes, of which I regularly use 1.
A few balms, aftershaves, and creams; drugstore stuff.

Raven Koenes

My precious!
I have 45 soaps, counting creams, and about 4,000+ blades. I'll be ordering 500 more blades in a week and two more soaps.

I've only 2 soaps , each a different Haslinger. I am dying to finish them so i can buy some other brand! I hate having half used pucks of different soaps lying around!

2 razors, both vintage one red tip and one blue tip
6 soaps but primarily reach for haslinger as anything with fragrance tends to irritate me
Only about 150 blades different varieties
Matching balms for the soaps and some Sē’bŭm gold
Osage rub for the extremely hot days

Started DE shaving about a week ago

Blades: 100 good mixture

Razors:GE Tech, Wilkinson Classic, Wilkinson, Parker 96R

Brushes: Two, an old Boots brush and a new Badger brush

After Shaves: None, just use cocoa butter

Creams: 4, havent used them yet

Gel: Bulldog, KOS, couple of aerosols

There is something wierd in my psyche that I am using the worst/cheapest products first and 'using them up' before I move on to something better.

Started DE shaving about a week ago

Blades: 100 good mixture

Razors:GE Tech, Wilkinson Classic, Wilkinson, Parker 96R

Brushes: Two, an old Boots brush and a new Badger brush

After Shaves: None, just use cocoa butter

Creams: 4, havent used them yet

Gel: Bulldog, KOS, couple of aerosols

There is something wierd in my psyche that I am using the worst/cheapest products first and 'using them up' before I move on to something better.

I've been using coco butter every day since I've been a teen. 30 years. Do you use a witch hazel before you put on the Coco butter? If not...try it. I use Thayers. It tightens and closes pores before moisturizing. Works great.

Top Bottom