What's new

How much current stock of blades/soap/cream do you have?

Ridpath

FIGHTER!
About 150 blades, 4 soaps and 3 creams for me (including two 5/10ml freebie samples). Could be a lot worse..,

Just one-a modded Gold Dollar 208. That and a barber's hone should last me indefinitely.
20200209_100934_HDR.jpg

I do have a Valet Auto Strop Model "C" which I use to do the back of my neck and sometimes clean up.
I use Feather SE blades in that bit they last months using them that way. I have about 15 blades so I would say probably enough for a few years.

Probably 300 blades, but most of them are from the sample packs that were no good but that you don't get rid of for some sentimental reason about them being amongst the first thing you experienced the joy of wet shaving with even though it gave you razor burn beyond belief. 3 brushes, 6 razors, and way to many soaps.

Razors: 20

Brushes: 50 synthetic/ 30 badger

Blades: 6,500 (Polsilver)

Soaps: 80

Creams: 6

Aftershave: 2 (I'm not into aftershave so very utilitarian)
No wonder those blades are nowhere to be found... [emoji87][emoji23]

Envoyé de mon SM-N950W en utilisant Tapatalk

• Haha
Reactions: nav
According to the actuarial tables, my life expectancy is a little over 15 years. At a rate of 3-4 shaves per blade, I have nearly enough DE blades to last that long, but since I also use straight razors, I can go much longer. If they do not go bad first, I have enough soaps to last 25 years easily.

Interesting thread. Let me begin by saying now I don't feel so bad about my collection. I was recently visited by the show "Hoarders"...they were planning a wet shaving edition. They walked around my place looking like goldfish in a bowl of water that was running low on oxygen. When the team of psychologists left my place they said they were going into some critical stress debriefing and will get back to me.

Seriously, I can only ballpark my numbers (I don't have that many fingers and toes):

1) Preshave: around 15 (creams and preshave soaps and oils)
2) Razors:
a) DE: 150 (I collect vintage Gillettes and I also have a few moderns)
b) SE: 35 (again I collect vintage Shicks and have a few moderns)
c) SR: around 200 restored vintage and a handful of moderns and 35 more vintage in a box to be restored)
d) Strops: 6 -- four vintage restored and 3 modern.
3) Soaps: 30; Creams: 15 (...and I did some serious cleaning out PIFs in the last couple of years)
4) Brushes: around 25, some are vintage for display only and others are my daily team
5) Blades: too many to count. I am reminded of the circus game where you have to estimate the number of jellybeans in a huge glass container about the size of those water bottles on an office water cooler. Well, that is what my tote box of blades looks like.
6) Vintage shaving scuttles, Old Spice mugs and moustache cups: around 25
7) Aftershaves: mostly balms -- around 30...some vintage Old Spice AS and the rest are new.

I plan to buy a second burial plot beside mine so that then I die they can pack in as much as they can in the second coffin. I don't believe in that old saying, "You can't take it with you when you die". I figure its worth trying. And I don't want to enter the after-world only to find out that all they have are cartridge razors and canned goo.

I don't have an exact count on blades but I know I have enough to last 2 years at minimum, however some of these I have used and did not like so unless forced to use the remainder due to supply issues I most likely won't, still probably have enough for 2 years though. Same with soaps and aftershaves, 10 sticks of Arko and a 1kg block of Cella ensure I'm set for awhile there, but I have a few other soaps too, and a tube of Proraso cream as well.

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
Just the right amount of shave gear because I don't worry about running out lately.

Blades: I don't know, after the blades sample test kit I bought a pack of 100 Astra SP, I use 1 per week and I still have 2 Feather blades that I keep for big days, so I guess I have something around 82 blades.

Razor: 2, one DE and one shavette. Wanted to try the shavette, not a big fan of it but "fun" to use.

Brush: just one

Soaps: 26 soaps (I could order more but I do not want to fill my bathroom with soaps)

Shaving cream: just one, I wanted to try one, not a bigfan so never bought another

Aftershaves: 4, but I should really try to start buying the aftershaves that go with a soap.

Last edited:
Blades: 80 ish.
Razor: 2; one closed comb, one safety bar though one may be sold soon
Brush: 1
Soap: 2 and a half tubs of Proraso White. Each lasts about six months.
Cream: 1 (had 2 but used up one before finding out about soaps)
Aftershave: 0

Let's see, I have about 220 blades, mostly in Astra platinum and Derby Premium, with a few Dorco, Vidyut, and Persona. For soaps, most of a tube of Proraso blue and 9 pucks of various scents and brands. It's probably enough to last a couple years, and that's not even counting my Schick cartridges and cans of shaving goo from before I switched to DE shaving

AimlessWanderer

Remember to forget me!
I don't expect to clock up another 30 years before checking out, as I very much doubt I'll reach my 70's due to health issues. If I do, I have just enough blades to get there. I've no idea how long synthetic brushes last, but I have three. With one for home, one for travel, plus a spare, I've got enough to keep me ticking over till I get another if one of them conks out.

I've just fitted a new cap to my primary razor. The first one lasted maybe 6 or 7 years, and I still have another spare. I also have another 3 DE razors (one of which I also have spares for), plus a couple of DE shavettes, and a couple of straights to fall back on. I doubt I'll ever find myself with blades but no holder.

My primary soap is Mitchell's Wool Fat. I'm currently using 1/2 a puck grated into its ceramic dish. I still have the other half vacuum packed, plus a spare puck, and I get around 4 shaves per gram, so there's at least 750 shaves there, plus 18 samples, which I'd expect another 250-300 shaves from. I also have enough Palmolive sticks to give me 2000+ "travel" shaves, but ignoring those, I've still got over 1000 shaves worth of soap for home use.

My 3 EdTs seem to be lasting forever. Seriously! I got them at the beginning of 2018, my most used one is still over half full, and the other two look almost untouched. They'll likely have mutated into something foul before I've finished them.

I reckon I have enough aftershave to last through till the end of next year at a guess. Balm will probably last me a bit longer.

Gulp, I think I just had a come to Jesus moment in counting everything :)

81 soaps
8 creams
74 a/s splashes
13 brushes (with one on the way)
1 razor (Once I fell in love with my Karve, I sold the rest)
300 or so blades

~5 soaps, 2 brands
~ 100 DE blades, 3 brands
~ 90 SE blades, 1 brand
1 shavette
2 SR razors
3 DE razors
1 Mach 3 razor with 3 cartridges
1 After shave
I just gave my son small travel can of shaving cream

I feel much better after reading some of these other posts :pipe:but can tell I am on a path to too many purchases in my future - especially with all of the enablers on this forum....

Top Bottom