What's new

How Much Aftershave Should Be Applied?

Apply kind of like this guy in the last picture except with aftershave and not tooth paste.

proxy.php

Just to add to the "don't be that guy" side of things. I appreciate wearing a scent that you enjoy yourself, but our noses acclimate to smells very quickly, and we don't notice a normal amount after a pretty short amount of time. If you put on so much that you can still smell even a light amount later in the day, it means that it's many times more intense for the people that only just came into contact with you... I think a better strategy is to just enjoy the mild scent when first applying and trust that it's there for others to enjoy the rest of the time. Of course it all depends on the intensity of the aftershave itself.

But if you don't come into contact with other people often, then by all means, bathe in it! You do you!

I probably offend co-workers with an overdose of Barbasol menthol AS...but I make up for it by microwaving day old fish in the communal break room.
LOL. Makes perfect sense to me. I'm sure those smells will cancel each other out and bring a perfect balance to the room. :)

I tend to be somewhere in between. I’ve got a Stirling sample that I can’t get enough of and tend to lay it on rather heavily. But I also like to run my hands through my hair after applying to my face to spread the smell around a bit.

More often then not, Winston (my dog) gets a vigorous head rub too after ward and the wife loves a snuggle with the bub that smells like me!

We’re dog people if you couldn’t tell...
Is Winston an Olde English Bulldogge?

50990311-86EF-4E14-91B1-B128DC5EB81A.jpeg
C337F204-F79A-43BB-8CAA-534F78F2AB99.jpeg
Is Winston an Olde English Bulldogge?
You'd think so. He's actually just a mutt of what I think is a bunch of Asian breeds. Here's a pic of the little weirdo.

PS we didn't name him, at least the previous owners did, maybe even the pet shop they got him from did.

Love that dog. Our Boston Terrier gets very pissed when we try to put her sweater on her when there's ice and snow... A hoody is way out of the question.

That is an awesome dog.

Our pup doesn't mind putting on his jacket or harness either. The only problem is that we only put them on when we're going for a walk, and so he associates wearing anything with going outside, which he looooooooooooves. So it's hard to get him to sit still long enough to put anything onto him.

We have to be careful about saying anything that even sounds like the word "walk" otherwise, he goes into berserker mode, running to go grab his harness and dropping it at the feet of the nearest human.

What a great dog. I have 4, all rescues. Yes, I need my head examined. The last dog we rescued came from our vet. She was about 6 months old and was attacked by a pit bull. She was paralyzed from the middle of her body back. The owners brought her to my vet to be euthanized. My vet wasn't in yet, so the staff called her at home and the vet said she wasn't going to put the dog down without doing a thorough examine and trying to save her. The owners signed her over to my vet.

Of course, I was there that morning to have some dental work done on one of my mutts and when I first looked at daisy I didn't know she was there to be put down. I took my dog back to put him in the holding pen and there was daisy, in her cage, with a big red E on her paper work. I called the vet later that day and told her if she could save daisy we would take her.

4 weeks later on July 3rd she came home with us. Perfectly normal (but a real fun, goofy normal) and has fit right in. I'm thankful my vet took the time to save a dog that some worth less fools gave up on. BTW...she looks like a Jack Russell mix. She is a bit of a dork too, but highly lovable.

What a great dog. I have 4, all rescues. Yes, I need my head examined. The last dog we rescued came from our vet. She was about 6 months old and was attacked by a pit bull. She was paralyzed from the middle of her body back. The owners brought her to my vet to be euthanized. My vet wasn't in yet, so the staff called her at home and the vet said she wasn't going to put the dog down without doing a thorough examine and trying to save her. The owners signed her over to my vet.

Of course, I was there that morning to have some dental work done on one of my mutts and when I first looked at daisy I didn't know she was there to be put down. I took my dog back to put him in the holding pen and there was daisy, in her cage, with a big red E on her paper work. I called the vet later that day and told her if she could save daisy we would take her.

4 weeks later on July 3rd she came home with us. Perfectly normal (but a real fun, goofy normal) and has fit right in. I'm thankful my vet took the time to save a dog that some worth less fools gave up on. BTW...she looks like a Jack Russell mix. She is a bit of a dork too, but highly lovable.
That's a great story. You say "perfectly normal", is she not still paralyzed or was that just the immediate result of her fight?

That's a great story. You say "perfectly normal", is she not still paralyzed or was that just the immediate result of her fight?

The only lasting affect of the paralysis is she is blind in her left eye. My vet spent a month with daisy doing physical therapy on her, and they also used some drugs to reduce swelling and some other stuff. So, she is about as normal as it gets.

We did have to potty train her again as she did lose that function, but it was easy to retrain that. She also had to learn to run again and it was actually sad and funny as she learned to do it. She would struggle with her foot work at times. But she has figured t out and is a pretty good ball player now. She is still a bit clumsy at times though.

Yo couldn't find a better dog. It's sad that some fool didn't think she was worth saving. Thank God my vet and her staff thought differently.

Awesome, awesome story. Very glad for you and the vet to give her that chance.

It depends on the AS. Something like Skin Bracer or Gabels Bay Rum does not last long so I use it fairly liberally. Something like Clubman, much less so. I find that Clubman Reserve Wiskey Woods takes even less than the regular.

Awesome dog! We have 4 Winston-sized treat hounds.

Oh yeah...I use a nickle-sized dab. (Sorry @Raissermesser but nickles are some fraction of a ml larger than pennies and a penny-sized dab would never do for me.)

Top Bottom