What's new

How much aftershave balm?

I bought some Truefitt and Hill aftershave balm today (west indian limes) at Colonial drugstore. It came highly recommended and it smelled good but I'll admit it was sort of an impulse buy. I'm wondering how much of this should I put on my face after the shave? Also what do you all think of this a/s, was it a good choice despite the impulse purchase?

jbasl said:
I bought some Truefitt and Hill aftershave balm today (west indian limes) at Colonial drugstore. It came highly recommended and it smelled good but I'll admit it was sort of an impulse buy. I'm wondering how much of this should I put on my face after the shave? Also what do you all think of this a/s, was it a good choice despite the impulse purchase?

The only T&H balm I've tried is the Ultimate Comfort - and I love that. It is a little heavier than the Proraso "milky" balm or Baxters... I also love the West Indian Limes scent (assuming that it is the same as the cream, of course). You don't need to use very much... as with many balms you will find that a little can go a long way.

So by a little what do you mean? I think i can get a solid squirt (the size of a dime) to cover my whole face. I could probably do with less. Do you think that sounds about right?

Also is there any a/s or cologne that smells like Taylor's avocado? I smelled the cream today at Colonial but seeing as I just bought a tub of the lavendar I avoided the purchase.

I always apply my A/S Balm (Balm being a key word here) with hands that have been wetted, then shook dry. Pour a pea size amount into your hand, rub your hands together and apply to your face.

Randy

jbasl said:
So by a little what do you mean? I think i can get a solid squirt (the size of a dime) to cover my whole face. I could probably do with less. Do you think that sounds about right?

Also is there any a/s or cologne that smells like Taylor's avocado? I smelled the cream today at Colonial but seeing as I just bought a tub of the lavendar I avoided the purchase.

About the size of a dime (+/- a margin of error) doesn't sound unreasonable to me. How much you actually need will depend on many factors... the weather (humidity), your skin (is it very dry or somewhat oily?), amongst other things... just try a little... if you find that you can spread a 1/2-dime-sized dollop of balm over your face, then great. that's the amt. that you need... on the other hand, the dime-sized amt. that you are using now may be as thin as you can spread it.

As for an AS that smells like Taylor's Avocado, I'm afraid that I can't help you. Actually, that is a strange request... the most common complaint about Taylor's Avocado is that it smells bad/funny/weird. But if you happen to find any please let us know.

Thanks for the responses. I'll keep you posted if I find anything like that avocado smell in either aftershaves, colognes, or lotions. Maybe the sample I smelled was mixed with other smells in the shop, but both me and the girlfriend thought it was amazing (and I sort of doubt the mixing of smells because I checked the lavender which smelled as I expected from my tub).

jbasl said:
Thanks for the responses. I'll keep you posted if I find anything like that avocado smell in either aftershaves, colognes, or lotions. Maybe the sample I smelled was mixed with other smells in the shop, but both me and the girlfriend thought it was amazing (and I sort of doubt the mixing of smells because I checked the lavender which smelled as I expected from my tub).

Like you, I enjoy the scent of Taylors Avocado... but many do NOT like the scent... If you ever find an AS that smells like it, send me a PM. Thanks.

My face and hands are usually a little wet from the witch hazel so not much after shave balm is needed. I kind of let them dry together before putting on my moisturizer/sunscreen.:w00t: Boy, do I sound like a manly man or what??????

Top Bottom