What's new

How Mild is the Timeless Razor .68 OC

Like the title says, but more specifically looking for a comparison to the Feather AS-D2. I am a head and face shaver, and even though I enjoy the process, tend to rush through it most days to save some time. I need a mild yet efficient razor to cut down on the blood loss on the days that I get really sloppy. The feather really is perfect for this, but I would like to add another similar razor to the arsenal.

For the record, I owned a wolf man. I has the most aggressive one he made at the time, I think he's got an increased blade gap size available now, but I COULD NOT CUT MYSELF IF I TRIED. Honestly I didn't find it aggressive at all, but it was beautiful and like I said , damn near impossible to cut myself.

I find it a tad bit more aggressive than a 34c but way more efficient, if I used a top end cushion soap I get the best shaves in just two passes (face) and one pass for my neck and zero irritation with this razor. Like the astra sp and Gillette yellows with this razor. I don't think I've cut myself with this razor... and I had feathers in this razor with no cuts or weepers.

It's not like the Feather.

You might want to look at the Razorock Hawk or the Rockwell 6S.

I don't necessarily want it to be "like the Feather" and would quite frankly prefer something different. I just want to know the likelihood if cutting an ear off if I am in my typical rush and not paying attention.

A few days ago I ordered the Timeless .68 SB version base plate and cap after reading that is was their smoothest shaving razor. The Timeless razors seem to get excellent reviews and many even rank them ahead of Wolfman in shave quality. Machining is definitely high end but not quite to the level of Wolfman which seems to be the standard by which others are judged.

Mine should arrive late Thursday so I can likely give an update on that one once I get a couple shaves in with it. I don't own the OC version yet so no comment from me there. I've read a lot about these razors on other shaving forums as they aren't very popular here yet. Maybe a quick google search will direct you to more relevant information until more people here have purchased them and shared comments.

As far as my smoothest most comfortable razor to shave with goes that title is currently held by the incredibly difficult to get (Wolfman made) LA Shaving BBS-1 razor. It's incredibly efficient while being extremely comfortable to shave with. I'm interested to see how the Timeless razor will compare to it.

A few days ago I ordered the Timeless .68 SB version base plate and cap after reading that is was their smoothest shaving razor. The Timeless razors seem to get excellent reviews and many even rank them ahead of Wolfman in shave quality. Machining is definitely high end but not quite to the level of Wolfman which seems to be the standard by which others are judged.

Mine should arrive late Thursday so I can likely give an update on that one once I get a couple shaves in with it. I don't own the OC version yet so no comment from me there. I've read a lot about these razors on other shaving forums as they aren't very popular here yet. Maybe a quick google search will direct you to more relevant information until more people here have purchased them and shared comments.

As far as my smoothest most comfortable razor to shave with goes that title is currently held by the incredibly difficult to get (Wolfman made) LA Shaving BBS-1 razor. It's incredibly efficient while being extremely comfortable to shave with. I'm interested to see how the Timeless razor will compare to it.

I can tell by your avatar that you have great taste so I look forward to hearing your opinion.

ok, so I used the Timeless .68 SB razor for today's shave and it's definitely a mild razor. It felt really smooth and very comfortable to shave with. I suspect it would be really hard to nick yourself with this one, even if you were in a hurry. I did get some audible feedback in the for of a small amount of blade noise. After three passes and a little touch up I got a great shave. I need to spend some more time with this razor before I can expect perfection from it but it certainly did impress me with it's first shave.

As far as comparing it to the Feather razor goes I can't do that as I don't own one. I do own an ATT M razor and the Timeless to me feels milder. The ATT is built like a tank but I prefer the design and attention to detail with the Timeless. I know there are a lot of comparisons between the ATT and the Feather so maybe this will give you some basis for comparison in terms of aggressiveness.

Built quality is exceptional and justifies the high price of a premium razor. The surfaces are smooth and glide over your face effortlessly. The finish quality is outstanding and the plate and top cap feel substantial and well designed to last a lifetime. The blade is securely held in place by long deep rectangular bars that hold the blade and ensure no movement at all.

This is the mildest razor I own and I'm not sure it's the right pick for me since I usually don't favor milder razors. I've used really aggressive razors for the longest time before seeking out a more comfortable shave. So somewhere mid level aggressiveness is likely a better fit for me at this point. I'm thinking about what other plates I'd like to try from Timeless and suspect I'll be trying one of their .95 plates soon though I'm not sure if I'll go OC, SB or scalloped. I'll give this one a week of shaves then likely purchase a .95 plate to try. If you're looking for something very mild this might be a perfect choice for you.

They do have a 30 day money back guarantee so I could swap out this plate for the difference in price plus shipping.

So with yesterday's shave I had paired the Timeless .68 SB head with a Stork EX3 Titanium Razor handle. It's similar in shape to the Wolfman WRH7 handle with some extra knurling. The handle is fairly light being titanium and it wasn't a good match for the heavy Timeless Razor head.

Today I paired the Timeless head with the much heavier handle from my LA Shaving BBS-1 and the shave was exceptional. About as smooth and comfortable of a shave as I've ever had. This head definitely benefits from a heavier handle. I had a DFS after the second pass and a perfect BBS after the third with no touch up. The efficiency of the head came out and my shave was much improved with the heavier handle. The blade was a Feather with this being the third shave on it. I'd say that this combination is exceptional and that this razor will see a lot of use. I'm definitely ordering the .95 base plate to try and keeping this one as well. I'd highly recommend this razor for an exceptionally smooth comfortable shave. The build quality is exceptional and the shave was outstanding. I paid $145 plus about $7 in shipping for the base plate and cap so price wise they are about on par with what ATT charges. The Scalloped and Open Comb models are slightly higher in price but appear to require some more machining.

I'll try to post some pics later on.

Good to hear your liking the Timeless! I love mine it's killed my desire for a wolfman! Or for any other razor, I ended up cancelling my Blackbird order. If you have Astra SP blades give those a try, I personally have found them the best blades for this razor so far, I've used feather, Polsilver, Gillette yellows and the Astras SP. DFS on second pass with no clean up sounds like my experience with this razor, I love the efficiency of it.

Good to hear your liking the Timeless! I love mine it's killed my desire for a wolfman! Or for any other razor, I ended up cancelling my Blackbird order. If you have Astra SP blades give those a try, I personally have found them the best blades for this razor so far, I've used feather, Polsilver, Gillette yellows and the Astras SP. DFS on second pass with no clean up sounds like my experience with this razor, I love the efficiency of it.

I do have some Astra blades but my go to is usually Feather. I'll give them a try though just to see how they are in this razor. I'm definitely going to give the .95 plate a try as well. Which one did you purchase again? The scalloped plate in .95?

I do have some Astra blades but my go to is usually Feather. I'll give them a try though just to see how they are in this razor. I'm definitely going to give the .95 plate a try as well. Which one did you purchase again? The scalloped plate in .95?

I got the .68 scalloped, the scalloped looks really nice! I don't think my skin can take the .95. It's still early for you but after you get the feel of this razor would love to hear your thoughts compared to the Wolfman, bbs-1

I got the .68 scalloped, the scalloped looks really nice! I don't think my skin can take the .95. It's still early for you but after you get the feel of this razor would love to hear your thoughts compared to the Wolfman, bbs-1

Sure, I'll compare them when I get the .95 as well. I'll also share some more thoughts as I get used to this one. The Wolfman I have is an open comb. It's definitely more aggressive than the .68 and does have some blade feel to it. This thing I like most about the Wolfman is it's efficiency as it gives a nice close shave every time. If I had to pick between the Wolfman and the Timeless it would be a tough choice but I might actually like the Timeless a bit more. I'll need some more shaves with it to be sure.

The BBS-1 I prefer over the Wolfman as it's almost as efficient and a much smoother shaver. It's a SB razor that was modeled after the tech razor. It's not quite as comfortable as the Timeless .68 but it is a bit more efficient. The BBS-1 is currently my favorite razor giving me an about effortless perfect shave every time.

I also enjoy my Timeless more than the Wolfman.

I own all 3 and here is my preference
1. Timeless 2.BBS1 3.Wolfman

I tried an Astra SP blade in the Timeless .68 SB razor today and the shave was exceptional. About as smooth and comfortable as I could ask for with zero irritation whatsoever. It's hard for me to say that the Astra blade is any better than the Feather in this razor as both performed exceptionally well letting the razor do exactly what it was intended to do. I'm enjoying this razor more and more each shave and I do see why people prefer it over the other brands that seem to get the top ratings. The shave was plenty close and absolutely perfect with three passes and a little touch up. I likely could have stopped and called it a great shave after two passes. The third pass was just to get a couple trouble spots on my neck that usually fight with me. The touch up after the third pass was completely unnecessary but the shave was so comfortable I felt like going for absolute perfection and seeing if I could get it a little closer. The result was a perfect bbs shave with zero irritation. My face felt like I hadn't even shaved even in the spots I went over several times. This is by far the most comfortable razor I've used. In combination with the Sudsy Soapery Pumpkin Spice soap I felt like I could easily do ten passes without any irritation at all. I cannot do that with any other razor I own even employing perfect form. This is the kindest razor my face has experienced yet and one that's going to see a lot of use. I'm loving this razor it's definitely a keeper.

I have the Timeless scalloped head with the .68 & .95. If you are looking for a more aggressive shave get the .95. But imho this razor is the best I've used. Smooth super high quality and love the design.
proxy.php

I tell myself I don't need another razor my current set up is perfect but this thread is nudging me. The .68 gap sounds great for frequent shaving.

Today was the second shave on the Astra blade. Soap was Sudsy Soapery Pumpkin Spice followed by some Soap Commander Courage aftershave. Razor was a Timeless .68 SB with an ATT Colossus handle.

Another truly outstanding shave today. I'm wondering if it can get any better than this. I'm really more and more impressed with this razor every time I use it. I can't say enough good things about it and I definitely prefer the shave over the Wolfman razor that sits next to it. By far the most comfortable razor I've ever tried and the shaves are as close as they can get with zero irritation. I do prefer the BBS-1 handle on this razor but the Colossus handle was a nice match as well being heavy enough to let the razor shine.

Top Bottom