What's new

How many vintage DE razors do you have?

How many vintage DEs do you own?

• 0 (aka "none")

• 1-5

• 6-10

• More than 10

Results are only viewable after voting.
I have eleven, but I'm not looking to buy any more. If I saw one cheap at a flea market or garage sale, I might buy it, but my RAD has been sated at this point. I picked up a Weber Bulldog ARC razor a few months back, and it shaves as well as my favorite vintage razors. I could see myself eventually selling or giving away a handful of the vintage razors that don't get much use, and only keeping a Fat-Handled Tech, Gillette British Aristocrat #15, NDC Superspeed and Senator.

Mike

I have four, all Gillettes: a 1930s NEW, a WWII-era Tech and its case, a 1961 Slim Adjustable, and a 1964 Super Speed. I've used all of them except the Slim.

I have owned two more: a 1967 Knack (my first DE razor, which I traded with my barber for a haircut) and a mint NOS 1968 Travel Tech in a leather case with nail clippers and such, which I sold for twice what I'd paid; I decided that I didn't want something like that that I would never actually use.

I hope to be acquiring one more: my mom says she may still have her father's old razor, but she has to look for it. From her description, it sounds like an open-comb three-piece.

To date I have a few razors,

Gillette aristocrat, 15,16,66
Toggle D1
1949 Rhodium Executive
Wilkinson Sticky
Feather Portable
Red Tip

and others but those have to be my favourite by far.

I have a travel tech in travel case, a black-handle superspeed, and a broken 50s superspeed as far as vintage go. Does a '00 Mach 3 or a '94 wilkinson sword protector count as vintage?

$gillettecollection.jpg

Most of my Gillettes that I display. I have about a half dozen more that I have in my rotation as well as about a dozen more vintage razors that I shave with. I decided to collect only Gillettes.

Oh goodness.

American: NDC SS, Red Tip SS, ball end old type, bar handle long comb new, ball end long comb new, ball end short comb new, krona centennial edition, slim, fat boy

Brit: Rocket Parat, Red Tip Rocket, Flare Tip Rocket, 2 Rocket HD 500s, Aristocrat Junior, WW2 Service Set, knack

my one and only fatboy!!! but i do have a slim on the way and won my first ever pif and have another vintage german razor on the way

I have a bunch - Slims, Fat Boys, Aristocrats, New, Old, Super Speed, Knack, Flair, Lady Gillette - and I don't use any of them anymore.

Last edited:
Funny, I posted my initial response when I had just started with DEs. Since then I've tried a bunch of different vintage razors, (even an SE), kind of horse-trading my way. After selling off those I didn't want I'm left with:
Ball End Old-Type (2)
Single Ring (2)
Ranger Tech
1947 Super Speed
Barbasol floating head - (2) .

Last edited:
After 6 years I am down to the following:

Fatboy
58 TV Special
Hoffritz Slant
58 Aluminum
58 Rhodium
Aristocrat Jr
HD Rocket
British Rocket
Schick Adjustable

I was at a point where I was just storing and I decided to get rid of razors I didn't use. I used to buy any razor I found at a thrift or antique store, now I just look for that rare razor.

Three. A '40's era Superspeed, a fatboy, and an Aristocrat. I've only used the Superspeed so far (newbie), but plan to experiment with the fatboy when I get a few more shaves behind me. The Aristocrat was my Dad's and will remain unused for sentimental reasons.

Top Bottom