What's new

How Many Took Advantage of ATT Black Friday?

ATT Black Friday Purchase?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Missed out. I know now I won't ever pay retail for one either. But with that pouty attitude I'll likely never have one either!
Pretty sure it's still running. Was when I checked this morning. Some razors no longer available but there were still quite a few.

Good timing since I was “in need” of a razor that accepted the S.E. Feather type blades. Have a CJB Kamasori style shavette also on the way that takes same blade type.
I have some razors that have not made it to rotation for over a year so need is a big stretch but new toys are fun. Don’t smoke, drink little. Outside of my vintage lever espresso machine hobby this is my other vice.

Is there a difference, performance wise, between the Windsor and the stainless steel razors that are on sale?

The Windsor head was a redesign of the old ATT style. It's my understanding that they have the same geometry; however the Windsor cap and base plate were extended to fully cover the blade tabs and to reduce blade exposure, and the Windsor is polished instead of matte. The gaps remains the same, but the larger cap increases rigidity, reduces "chatter"/audible feedback, and gives a smoother shave.

That said, I know you like blade exposure and feedback, so I'm guessing you will like the older design better.

The Windsor head was a redesign of the old ATT style. It's my understanding that they have the same geometry; however the Windsor cap and base plate were extended to fully cover the blade tabs and to reduce blade exposure, and the Windsor is polished instead of matte. The gaps remains the same, but the larger cap increases rigidity, reduces "chatter"/audible feedback, and gives a smoother shave.

That said, I know you like blade exposure and feedback, so I'm guessing you will like the older design better.
Hey, thank you! I'm guessing you're right. But that Windsor sure is perty! :001_wub:

Hey, thank you! I'm guessing you're right. But that Windsor sure is perty! :001_wub:
It really is. It's part of what drew me to it. I had already picked up an Aluminum Calypso handle from ATT'S returns page, so at $132 the Windsor head seemed reasonable (from their returns page). After reading the https://www.badgerandblade.com/forum/threads/the-world-shave-off-showdown.547791, I was confident the H plate was what I was looking for.

I've been revisiting a lot of my razors. Of the 30+ I've owned, I've PIF'd about half a dozen to new wet shavers, sold another half dozen, and the rest I have been evaluating whether I'm going to keep them.

There's only 6 (so far), that I'd never sell.

1. Timeless 95 SS SB
2. ATT Windsor H
3. Game Changer 84
4. 1920s Old Type (from wife)
5. MJ-90 A plate (efficient but super mild)
6. Merkur 45 (perfect 4 travel)

The ATT SE1 is my first ever AC/SE razor coming, and I used WCS 20% off to grab a BB SB (the Vector was already sold out, and I wanted to try BB again after mixed feelings about the Dart and so many positive reviews).

I'm pretty sure you'll really enjoy the ATT, even if it's slightly less efficient than the PAA BOCS. While I believe the old design and the Windsor H have similar efficiency, I'm not sure it's worth the polishing, if you aren't into (slightly) less blade feel. You can always just polish it...

It really is. It's part of what drew me to it. I had already picked up an Aluminum Calypso handle from ATT'S returns page, so at $132 the Windsor head seemed reasonable (from their returns page). After reading the https://www.badgerandblade.com/forum/threads/the-world-shave-off-showdown.547791, I was confident the H plate was what I was looking for.

I've been revisiting a lot of my razors. Of the 30+ I've owned, I've PIF'd about half a dozen to new wet shavers, sold another half dozen, and the rest I have been evaluating whether I'm going to keep them.

There's only 6 (so far), that I'd never sell.

1. Timeless 95 SS SB
2. ATT Windsor H
3. Game Changer 84
4. 1920s Old Type (from wife)
5. MJ-90 A plate (efficient but super mild)
6. Merkur 45 (perfect 4 travel)

The ATT SE1 is my first ever AC/SE razor coming, and I used WCS 20% off to grab a BB SB (the Vector was already sold out, and I wanted to try BB again after mixed feelings about the Dart and so many positive reviews).

I'm pretty sure you'll really enjoy the ATT, even if it's slightly less efficient than the PAA BOCS. While I believe the old design and the Windsor H have similar efficiency, I'm not sure it's worth the polishing, if you aren't into (slightly) less blade feel. You can always just polish it...
Agree completely. My tongue was in my cheek re: the Windsor. Yes, it's gorgeous. Yes, that alone makes it compelling. But no way I want a pretty razor that I'm not going to use sitting in my drawer. Not even at half price (should the half priced Windsor come to pass).

You offer a lot of good advice, my friend. I do appreciate the feedback. Looks like you got in under the wire on that BB SB. If I'm reading the WCS site correctly, it's sold out now.

Agree completely. My tongue was in my cheek re: the Windsor. Yes, it's gorgeous. Yes, that alone makes it compelling. But no way I want a pretty razor that I'm not going to use sitting in my drawer. Not even at half price (should the half priced Windsor come to pass).

You offer a lot of good advice, my friend. I do appreciate the feedback. Looks like you got in under the wire on that BB SB. If I'm reading the WCS site correctly, it's sold out now.
I guess I did. After those 2, my wallet needs a breather.

I passed on this as most have because my RAD has been put in check for almost a year now since getting my Titanium Timeless .95 SB this past February. I purchased the Timeless over the ATT back then because the majority of reviews I had read or watched had the Timeless being a smoother, more efficient razor over the H1 DE by quite a margin. So for me, I have no need for a razor that can't at least give me a the same result as the Timeless does... I am a minimalist in general...

I joined in the fun and since I could decide on handle or style I went with the 7 piece set with both the Atlas and Kronos handle. Can’t wait to take it for a spin!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My second ATT purchase. Picked up a Kronos SE1 and a used R1 solid bar plate and top cap. Bought an aluminum Calypso SE1 and absolutely love it. Keep thinking about adding the SE2 base plate and both stands.

Wondering as many seem to be if the S1 was the correct choice over the S2. As a comparison to Gen razors I like the MMCP but find the MMOC to be too aggressive.
Gem Micromatic Clog Pruf - Aggressive
Gem Micromatic Open Comb - Very Aggressive

P.S. I ordered the S1 but have yet to receive it as I'm in Canada.

Wondering as many seem to be if the S1 was the correct choice over the S2. As a comparison to Gen razors I like the MMCP but find the MMOC to be too aggressive.
Gem Micromatic Clog Pruf - Aggressive
Gem Micromatic Open Comb - Very Aggressive

P.S. I ordered the S1 but have yet to receive it as I'm in Canada.
Do you consider the Clog Pruf aggressive? To me it seems mild.

Have not used the SE1 but I can tell you that my experience of the SE2 is very aggressive. Beyond the MMOC. So, yes, I'd say the SE1 was the right choice. And if you find it to be too much, should be easy enough to resell on BST without loss. Maybe not tomorrow since the sale just ended but in two weeks and for the rest of the year.

Do you consider the Clog Pruf aggressive? To me it seems mild.

Have not used the SE1 but I can tell you that my experience of the SE2 is very aggressive. Beyond the MMOC. So, yes, I'd say the SE1 was the right choice. And if you find it to be too much, should be easy enough to resell on BST without loss. Maybe not tomorrow since the sale just ended but in two weeks and for the rest of the year.

Thanks Parallax for the reply. I like the Clog Pruf, maybe aggressive was the wrong word as I should have said efficient. The GEM razors are my goto razors for multi-day growths. The MMOC was definitely not for me.

Thanks Parallax for the reply. I like the Clog Pruf, maybe aggressive was the wrong word as I should have said efficient. The GEM razors are my goto razors for multi-day growths. The MMOC was definitely not for me.
I agree that the GEMs are wonderful and not yet fully appreciated. Gillettes that just a few years ago either got thrown away or on occasion found their way to a junk shop to sell for a buck or two now sell for $30 or $40. GEMs are now pretty much where the Gillettes used to be when, in terms of performance, they are every bit their equal.

Well both razors just got delivered, an atlas M1 and a bamboo SE1. Two very different shaves but I figured one for every day early morning get to work and one for two or three day growth take your time. The fit and finish on these are fantastic, nothing I’ve seen yet in a razor up till now. I’m loading a kai and using the M1 first thing tomorrow, looking forward to it, I’m waiting on the blades for the SE.

Top Bottom