What's new

How Many Took Advantage of ATT Black Friday?

ATT Black Friday Purchase?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Atlas 5-Piece Kit (M2/R1/R2) and Kronos S1 Slant both arrived today! I was very impressed with the shipping/fulfillment speed from ATT, especially during Black Friday. I am sure that he was inundated with orders. I still have an SE2 inbound...ordered on Sunday, so I should have it by the end of the week...very excited!

Well both razors just got delivered, an atlas M1 and a bamboo SE1. Two very different shaves but I figured one for every day early morning get to work and one for two or three day growth take your time. The fit and finish on these are fantastic, nothing I’ve seen yet in a razor up till now. I’m loading a kai and using the M1 first thing tomorrow, looking forward to it, I’m waiting on the blades for the SE.
If you have time to post photos, here or in the other thread created for that purpose, I'd love to see 'em.

Attachments

• 8E445B6A-BCD4-4134-9A39-48528D3D3CC8.jpeg
    8E445B6A-BCD4-4134-9A39-48528D3D3CC8.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 27
  • DBAA5AEC-D95C-401F-BB4F-929DA0018B13.jpeg
    DBAA5AEC-D95C-401F-BB4F-929DA0018B13.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 26
  • 6AF93295-B460-492E-A2F5-5E73302E92E9.jpeg
    6AF93295-B460-492E-A2F5-5E73302E92E9.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 26
Wondering as many seem to be if the S1 was the correct choice over the S2. As a comparison to Gen razors I like the MMCP but find the MMOC to be too aggressive.
Gem Micromatic Clog Pruf - Aggressive
Gem Micromatic Open Comb - Very Aggressive

P.S. I ordered the S1 but have yet to receive it as I'm in Canada.

The ATT S1 and S2 are double edge slant razors.

The ATT SE1 and SE2 are single edge razors.

The SE1 with a Schick Proline is on par with the MMCP with a GEM SS PTFE for efficiency and probably a little smoother. The Kia Mild Pink blades are milder than the Schick Proline so it can be toned down some.

The MMOC/GEM SS PTFE is slightly more efficient than the SE1/Proline. It's on par with the SE2 V1 which is not available anymore.

The SE2/Proline is the most efficient razor I've used and is smooth with good technique, more efficient than the MMOC.

I wanted a second cap so could have both the SE1/SE2 loaded with a blade. The the sale came, so I bought another SE1 with the Kronos, already have the Atlas handle. Picked up the inkwell stand for half price also.

IMAG1009_1.jpg

The ATT S1 and S2 are double edge slant razors.

The ATT SE1 and SE2 are single edge razors.

The SE1 with a Schick Proline is on par with the MMCP with a GEM SS PTFE for efficiency and probably a little smoother. The Kia Mild Pink blades are milder than the Schick Proline so it can be toned down some.

The MMOC/GEM SS PTFE is slightly more efficient than the SE1/Proline. It's on par with the SE2 V1 which is not available anymore.

The SE2/Proline is the most efficient razor I've used and is smooth with good technique, more efficient than the MMOC.
How would you compare the SE2 to the RX that Frank just ran against the iTech? I ask because I've used the SE2 but not the RX. I agree the SE2 is amazingly aggressive (in a good way, so probably what you're calling efficient and smooth). For me it matched the iTech.

How would you compare the SE2 to the RX that Frank just ran against the iTech? I ask because I've used the SE2 but not the RX. I agree the SE2 is amazingly aggressive (in a good way, so probably what you're calling efficient and smooth). For me it matched the iTech.

Basically, I get a BBS shave from just about any razor. It literally takes over 24 hours for stubble to break skin with the SE2/Proline, while it takes about 3 hours for stubble to break with a postwar Tech. The longer the BBS last, with the least amount of strokes, the more efficient the razor is. Some razors with a lot of blade exposure are not efficient because of chatter which will turn my chin into hamburger meat. Razors that lack rigidity are hit or miss with a fresh sharp blade, while I can BBS my face with a postwar Tech 60 times on one Astra SS. It may take a lot of strokes but I won't tear up my face with a rigid blade edge.

I used the RX in a pass around and only with a Schick Proline.

I found the SE2 and RX both pretty equal in efficiency with Prolines. Using a shallow angle, the safety bar basically was nonexistent with the RX. So much blade gap makes me wonder why they made it with a safety bar. Many like it with the guarded blade, I didn't try it with a guarded blade.

The SE2 with its blade exposure and open comb was easier to use and just as efficient and smoother. I tried the SE2 with a guarded blade and it toned it down and it was less efficient than with a Proline, slightly less than the SE1/Proline. So I assume the guarded blade would tone down the RX as well.

I just read @Dragonsbeard shave off with the RX. Everything he says about the RX is true and his warnings should be taken seriously.

If memory serves me, the built in head angle makes it difficult to maneuver in the nooks and crannies.

The SE2 maneuvers better.

There are a number of things I don't like about the RX, but with good technique, it will deliver at the top, but not on top.

I purchased the Kronos handle 50% off. I have been wanting one for a while and was going to buy it at full price but the sale came first and couldn’t pass it up, that was a no brainer for me.

I was going to buy the ATT SE1 but waited too long and missed out on it. I didn’t really want it but since I just bought the Paradigm SE and own the SS General I think I’m covered for now. May be if a member doesn’t like it and sell it on the BST and I happened to catch it, I’ll buy it.

I didn’t take advantage of this, but regret it. @Parallax told me about this recently.

I’m in den clearing mode and have spent more $ than I should have recently on gear so had to pass.

I did spend some time on their site since I’m unfamiliar with ATT. They have really nice stuff. Definitely will take advantage of future sales from them if the time is right.

I purchased the SE1 since it was a killer deal for, from what I hear, a killer shaver.

Still no shipment notification email, though.

Sent from my Nokia 7.1 using Tapatalk

I have a Kronos R1 coming and it's my first ATT.

Anyone compare to similar settings on a Rex, 6s or Fatboy? The rest of my razors are vintage.

Top Bottom