What's new

How many ties do you own?

As I reflect on your responses to this thread, I am reminded how the humble tie can be such a cool style/fashion statement, either by its absence or how this thin strip of fabric can really dress up and change the mood of an outfit. And so many options from which to choose! Every imaginable colour and pattern. And I really enjoy the process of selecting a tie. "What tie shall I wear today?" And then once you choose the tie you have to decide on the right knot! Great fun.

Wearing also has the added benefit of giving swmbo something to disagree with you on. My wonderful wife & I have different tastes when it comes to the tie I'm wearing.

Rhody

I'm a Lumberjack.
I've purged a few times in reality the past. I'm guessing in the range of 50+
I usually rotate the same 4 or 5 I should do another purge

AimlessWanderer

Remember to forget me!
Too many. I hardly ever wear one these days, but I'm well equipped should the need arise. Here's what I've cut down to ...

35 self tie neck ties
(used to be over 60)

11 clip on neck ties
(for near entanglement risks etc.)

12 self tie bow ties

3 pre-tied bow ties

2 pre tied cravats

About a couple of dozens here. From time to time I get rid of the ones I don't really wear.. Yet I buy a tie always I see one I like.

All of them are silk, in varied iterations and to my surprise they're getting increasingly dark coloured, navy being king...

Solid, polka dots, some paisley, geometrical motifs..

I like wearing a tie, and have been since I was 6 in school...

14........ 5 from the 1940's.....
DSCN3382.JPG

I counted a few weeks ago (was trying to organize them) and I'm up to about 35 ties. I also have about 5 bow ties. In the clergy there are times when I need to be in a tie.

Decades since i've owned one, last time i can say for certain i wore one was as best man in a wedding in Sept., 19... 98, also played classical guitar for that so had to look the part.

Now, doubt i even own a shirt that a tie could be used with.
dave

Assuming this is only straight ties..Around 30. Half of these are my dad’s since he stopped wearing them once he retired.

I also have 7-8 bow ties which I enjoy wearing to work every now and then..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Top Bottom