What's new

How many swirls?

I read the 100 swirls and thought....what! Then I took note today of what I did. Yes 100 swirls. ! I load fast and didn't realise this is about 8 swirls for about 15 seconds. I think we underestimate this. Brush is mainly chubby3. Ìt does make for a fab shave if you don't skimp on soap.

Hard water makes for too many swirls with far too many soaps. That's all I've got in this regard. :)
Got hard water at my sink, too. I just keep a water bottle with a pull up spout filled with distilled water on the countertop. A 20 oz. bottle lasts a long time. Makes even otherwise Ho Hum soaps perform great!

Last edited:
How many swirls do you need to get your lather "Ron-ready"? Now, I'm not suggesting that anyone here is sufficiently anal (NB- I have a terrific story involving Mrs. Ouch, the word "anal", a stapler, and two stitches to my brow, but I'll save that for another time) to actually count their number of strokes, but anyone have a rough estimate? :confused:
I think I'm in the 200-300 range by shave's end, but, then again, I'm used to making a lot of omelettes.

Vidi, vici, veni.
I saw, I conquered, I came.
Is that syd barret?

steveclarkus

Goose Poop Connoisseur
After many many years of soaps/creams, I eliminated the problem of building lather by using canned foam. Not sexy I know but perfectly adequate.

Top Bottom