What's new

How Many Strops Do You Own?

Currently have a Tony Miller 3” fast bridle, SRD black latigo, Kanayama Suede, Kanayama 80000, and one more that I’m not quite sure what it is yet since it came with a thiers issard razor I picked up

I have nine all vintage only because when I go out looking for straight razors and sharpening stones. I seem to only find a strop. Lol! I only pick them up if they are savable in close to new condition or used but very well taken care of.
DSC01281.JPG
DSC01282-1.jpg

steveclarkus

Goose Poop Connoisseur
I am curious to see how many folks here have multiple strops or rely on primarily one strop. If you have multiple strops do you have a rotation? Is there such a thing as "Strop Acquisition Disorder?"

I have only one strop and it is an Illinois 827. It is serving me well and I really have no need of another although sometimes I think it might be nice to have a full 3" wide strop.

Thoughts?
I have three I believe but the one I use is a Christian & Son from NSW. It is just over 2” wide, has one strip of horsehide and the finish strip is horse shell and is marvelous. Also they went out of business in 1950 so it is older than I am.

One, an A. H. Christian & Son leather strop stamped in gold as 'Black Beauty'. They went out of business in 1975 in NSW Australia. It works fine, so why buy another.

My son has now caught the straight razor bug, and he needs a stop of his own so I'm looking again.

Alacrity59

Wanting for wisdom
2. I have a pretty pristine Kangaroo strop and a Tony Miller strop from 10 years ago maybe. The Miller is a latigo strop with a flax strap as well. Just a couple of learning curve nicks in it. He makes things that should last a life time and maybe longer.

David

B&B’s Champion Corn Shucker
I have three I believe but the one I use is a Christian & Son from NSW. It is just over 2” wide, has one strip of horsehide and the finish strip is horse shell and is marvelous. Also they went out of business in 1950 so it is older than I am.
Got a pic handy? 2” is a good width for a strop IMO.

2. I have a pretty pristine Kangaroo strop and a Tony Miller strop from 10 years ago maybe. The Miller is a latigo strop with a flax strap as well. Just a couple of learning curve nicks in it. He makes things that should last a life time and maybe longer.

I really want a kangaroo strop

Ravenonrock

I shaved the pig
I have a Rich Man’s strop from Whipped Dog, my daily user, suits my needs. Two other Dovo strops have had CroOx dedicated to the linen side, strictly for that use.

Top Bottom