What's new

How Many Shaves per Charge of your Electric shaver?

When I purchased my Braun 7893s at the end of April last year I started keeping tally of how many shaves I was getting from one charge. I wanted to check the accuracy of the charge state indicator. I’ve decided to keep track for no particular reason and now seems a good time to stop. I only ran the shaver completely down once after 25 shaves. The red charge indicator light on average comes on after 14 shaves. The maximum number of shaves before the red light came on was 20.

The newest shavers have larger capacity batteries and it would be interesting to see if they deliver more shaves as advertised.

In my usual morning shave where I take my time, generally about 10% of the charge or a little less with my Series 9, new Series 7, or 9000 Series Norelco (actually probably around 8% with the Norelco) - so would estimate 10-12 shaves per charge. Traveling, quite a bit less since I use a pre-shave and reduce strokes, so maybe 14 shaves. Easily a week on a charge at home, and a couple of weeks on the road, but I've never actually completely discharged a shaver.

Chandu

I Waxed The Badger.
When I was using my Panasonic Arc 5 daily, I think I was charging about every third week. It had an indicator when you go down to 10% charge.

Don't know, I run that sucker through its cleaning base after every 1-2 uses. Yea... My battery life/memory is probably already shot but who cares when it's getting a 'top up' every day or two lol

Don't know, I run that sucker through its cleaning base after every 1-2 uses. Yea... My battery life/memory is probably already shot but who cares when it's getting a 'top up' every day or two lol

Actually, assuming a modern electric with a Li-Ion battery, that's the ideal way to use it. A Li-Ion battery will see maximum longevity with frequent partial discharges followed by complete recharging (it actually never recharges 100%, because the internal logic will keep it at about 80%, which is ideal - although the display may read 100%). As an aside, you never want to completely discharge a Li-Ion battery (and again the internal logic will usually shut it down before that happens).

Last edited:
Good question and are interested in what people say. Trying to find out right now myself for my shaver. I am on 37 shaves now on my Philips 7710. Will report back when it finally dies. In 2018 I went to Milan, Italy area with work for one week. And the plane home to Norway was delayed because thunder storms and I was supposed to fly to L.A California the next day. Long story short charger did not come with us because I did not make it home. But the 7710 did last the three weeks we were in California. My shaves are really quick though which might help. Will try to remember to time it tomorrow to have some reference.

I dunno. My Remington DA 307 is so old, it came with a kick-starter.

Even better if you can find an original vintage model.... :001_smile

proxy.php

Top Bottom