What's new

How many shaves from Schick injectors?

How many shaves do you guys typically get from the current production Schick (aka Chick) injector blades? I typically change out after 6 or 7 shaves, but I admit that might be more from being conservative than actual performance. Just trying to get a sense of what other injector users typically experience.

Usually, I get around a dozen shaves on the current Schick blade. I think I'm currently at 14 in my Schick Adjustable. I've had to go up on the adjustment since shave 10. I could probably go 16, but I doubt I'd make it to 20. Not in a Chick. The Schick Proline gives me 30 shaves, easy.

I go 13 shaves before I change blades with my Parker Adjustable injector razor. A lot depends on the toughness of your beard, how sensitive your skin is, how good your face prep happens to be, how good your lather is and how good your shaving technique happens to be (and maybe even which razor you use). I think that is why some people get so many shaves with certain types of blades and others get so much fewer shaves (no matter what kind or style of blade).

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
I usually get about 8-12 good shaves from a Schick, so I average 10 shaves and usually toss at 10 unless the blade is performing very well. I leave my blade in some of the injectors for a long time because of large razor rotation but I do track # of shaves to verify the shaves on each injector.

garyg

B&B membership has its percs
I haven't counted in some time - last I recall with a modern "chick" was 10 or 12 shaves - I get more from vintage Plus Platinums or Personna 74's, less than any with modern Personnas

I have sensitive skin and tough whiskers on my 85-year-old face. I shave 3 passes if the razor is aggressive (Type G or earlier) and 4 passes if the razor is milder (Type I or later).

I easily get 10 to 12 close and comfortable shaves per "Chick" blade

Top Bottom