What's new

How many shaves from my Tabac Stock?

I have hoarded 8 Tabac sticks with tallow so far ... should last me until Maurer & Wirtz change their mind and reintroduce the tallow version. That is, if this is more than a rumor. I have experienced rumors of this kind before, namely with regards to the alleged "end" of the green Palmolive shave stick (a couple of times in fact). It turned out to be false every time. But by now I have hoarded something like 30-40 sticks of green Palmolive ... (though one of these is only half the weight of a Tabac stick, the latter is a huge chunk of soap for a shave stick ..).
This is the kind of absurdity that adds to the magic of wet shaving ... 🕉️

Unless it goes rancid, prior to its use, it will last a loooong time.
Of course you could PIF if you find that you can't use it before it becomes unusable.
In that event, I'M IN!!!

Star_Wahl_Clipper_Treker

Likes a fat handle in his hand
I love Tabac, because IMO, its a high performance soap, in other words, nice and slick, helps the shave go smooth. I only have one Tabac soap puk in its ceramic bowl, I bought it when I first got into wet shaving two months ago.

proxy.php

Star_Wahl_Clipper_Treker

If you've only had that puck for 2 months, I'll be impressed if you use it up before the next summer Olympics.

Especially since I dont just use only Tabac, I did in the beginning when it was my only soap. But I have 8 shave soaps now, and will have a 9th coming soon from Stirling. So, with a total of 9-soaps, yeah, that kind of makes things last awhile, when your not just using the same soap puk over and over lol.

Especially since I dont just use only Tabac, I did in the beginning when it was my only soap. But I have 8 shave soaps now, and will have a 9th coming soon from Stirling. So, with a total of 9-soaps, yeah, that kind of makes things last awhile, when your not just using the same soap puk over and over lol.

Heh, if you're up to 9 soaps already (and likely to acquire more, at this rate), even if you only keep half of them, I'm going to amend my statement: I'll be impressed if you finish it. :p

I got over 300 shaves from a tabac puck before I even saw the bottom of the bowl. I'd guess depending on use 200-500 shaves per puck or about a year of daily shaves on avg.

OldSaw

The wife's investment
Guess calculation goes like this:

Estimated soap per shave (low) = 0.50g
Estimated soap per shave (high) = 0.75g
Estimated soap per shave (average) = 0.625g

Total soap = (8 x 125g) + (4 x 100g) = 1400g

Estimated number of shaves = 1400/0.625 = 2240 shaves

Estimated years of shaves = 2240/365 = 6.14 years
Thanks for applying math to this problem. This seems to more closely match my experience. Lots of people mention using a certain puck of something or other for years, but neglect the fact that it is interspersed with the usage of many other products.

Star_Wahl_Clipper_Treker

Decided to do a little Tabac inventory today. I feel better now.
View attachment 1451451

Are you serious right now? Oh my goodness gracious, that much of the original delicious Tabac with talow. I believe I am feeling a bit jealous lol! You are so lucky! Thats enough Tabac to probably last the rest of your life to be honest lol. Good stuff that Tabac, and you clearly know that, otherwise you wouldn't own so much of it. HEHE

OldSaw

The wife's investment
Are you serious right now? Oh my goodness gracious, that much of the original delicious Tabac with talow. I believe I am feeling a bit jealous lol! You are so lucky! Thats enough Tabac to probably last the rest of your life to be honest lol. Good stuff that Tabac, and you clearly know that, otherwise you wouldn't own so much of it. HEHE
Totally serious. I bought most of this last year when the reformulation was announced. Glad I did too.

Top Bottom