What's new

How many shaves from my Tabac Stock?

Considering that Santa Maria Novella and MWF are also at the top of my rotation I believe I will be teaching my newborn grandson how to shave with it.
Simply out of curiosity, have you tried the tallow tabac & MWF mixture? I'm usually not one for mixing soaps together, but with how much I love both of these I've always been tempted! Kevy Shaves videos on it on YouTube have also really got me wanting to make the jump and try it out

OldSaw

The wife's investment
Simply out of curiosity, have you tried the tallow tabac & MWF mixture? I'm usually not one for mixing soaps together, but with how much I love both of these I've always been tempted! Kevy Shaves videos on it on YouTube have also really got me wanting to make the jump and try it out
No, I haven’t tried that. Right now I’m working through a tub of SMN.

Decided to do a little Tabac inventory today. I feel better now.
View attachment 1451451
You inspired my wipeout from the ShaveTrek Sabbatical on Friday May 13th! Lol, who am I trying to kid! I'm a grown man and did it to myself! :biggrin1:

IMG_20220518_192056.jpg

Shaving everyday with straight/ simpsons chubby 2 / 4 passes i get approx half a year from a tub of Tabac. 12 x 0,5 =6 years, but it will last you probably much longer as you will get tired of the same soap year in year out, and will buy some completely different soaps along the way.
Enjoy!

Star_Wahl_Clipper_Treker

Likes a fat handle in his hand
You inspired my wipeout from the ShaveTrek Sabbatical on Friday May 13th! Lol, who am I trying to kid! I'm a grown man and did it to myself! :biggrin1:

View attachment 1466876

Balin, its been a long time since I've seen you! This picture just makes me warm and fuzzy, I love all that beauty right there! 😍 And look at all those blades too! Thats quite the collection you got going on! I would love to buy more Tabac, but since I started wet shaving 3 months ago, I have to be realistic, and make sure I have a variety or soaps and scents, instead of just one.

But, having said that however, knowing how Tabac betrayed us by dropping Talow, it does make me want to make sure that I get at least a couple more puk's of the talow based soap. But sadly I fear, availability will probably not be there when that time comes around. I realize that Tabac is Italian soap right, so its going to be in Italian language, I just wish they had English translation on the labels lol.

I just ordered a 100 pack of those Gillette 7 O Clock GREENS! I also ordered a 250 pack of Wizamet blades from Wizamet themselves. My blade collection is increasing. Pretty soon one of these days, I am going to have so many blades, that when you open the door to my shave den, a million blade box packs will come flying out like an overpacked broom closet.😝

Now, I've never used Tabac's aftershave, I've only used their soap, as I have a single Tabac bowl with puk in it. But, what do you think of the aftershave? I assume its the same scent as their soap? And I am pretty sure their aftershave is a balm too, coming in those tubes that they do. Nice picture, loved it!

Now, I've never used Tabac's aftershave, I've only used their soap, as I have a single Tabac bowl with puk in it. But, what do you think of the aftershave? I assume its the same scent as their soap? And I am pretty sure their aftershave is a balm too, coming in those tubes that they do. Nice picture, loved it!
Hey SWCT, I really like the aftershaves too. They smell just like the soaps to me! I have the balm and the splash. The balm absorbs well and is not sticky at all!

Hey SWCT, I really like the aftershaves too. They smell just like the soaps to me! I have the balm and the splash. The balm absorbs well and is not sticky at all!
Do you find that the splash just keeps the scent around longer? I love the look of the bottle, just trying to decide if it's worth pulling the trigger.

Do you find that the splash just keeps the scent around longer? I love the look of the bottle, just trying to decide if it's worth pulling the trigger.
Hi Tricky, yes I do find it keeps the scent longer and it feels like it tones/tightens the skin after a shave. It smells stronger for a few minutes but fades nicely so it doesn't overpower the room. If it was strong my wife would tell me!!! lol

Balin, its been a long time since I've seen you! This picture just makes me warm and fuzzy, I love all that beauty right there! 😍 And look at all those blades too! Thats quite the collection you got going on! I would love to buy more Tabac, but since I started wet shaving 3 months ago, I have to be realistic, and make sure I have a variety or soaps and scents, instead of just one.

But, having said that however, knowing how Tabac betrayed us by dropping Talow, it does make me want to make sure that I get at least a couple more puk's of the talow based soap. But sadly I fear, availability will probably not be there when that time comes around. I realize that Tabac is Italian soap right, so its going to be in Italian language, I just wish they had English translation on the labels lol.

I just ordered a 100 pack of those Gillette 7 O Clock GREENS! I also ordered a 250 pack of Wizamet blades from Wizamet themselves. My blade collection is increasing. Pretty soon one of these days, I am going to have so many blades, that when you open the door to my shave den, a million blade box packs will come flying out like an overpacked broom closet.😝

I believe Tabac is German not Italian.

Hi Tricky, yes I do find it keeps the scent longer and it feels like it tones/tightens the skin after a shave. It smells stronger for a few minutes but fades nicely so it doesn't overpower the room. If it was strong my wife would tell me!!! lol
Excellent point! Maybe I just pick up a bottle and let my wife decide if I should like it or not 😂

I'm afraid (and delighted) to say I must update this thread. I came across a small store still stocking the tallow Tabac sticks, and fell victim to greed and temptation. I bought all they had, and my stockpile now consists of 30 sticks and 7 pucks, all in the original tallow formula. Between this, my 50 or so tallow Speick sticks, my Williams, and a few cases of Arko all in my stockpile, I'm certainly set for life. Especially considering that these are just extras, not counting the cabinets full of other soaps and aftershaves in my rotation. I fear my family may soon stage an intervention for me, so I'd better continue to keep my box of 15,000 blades a secret for the time being... Anyways I figured at the very least @OldSaw would be interested in this Tabac development

Attachments

• 20220629_110307.jpg
    20220629_110307.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 14
I'm afraid (and delighted) to say I must update this thread. I came across a small store still stocking the tallow Tabac sticks, and fell victim to greed and temptation. I bought all they had, and my stockpile now consists of 30 sticks and 7 pucks, all in the original tallow formula. Between this, my 50 or so tallow Speick sticks, my Williams, and a few cases of Arko all in my stockpile, I'm certainly set for life. Especially considering that these are just extras, not counting the cabinets full of other soaps and aftershaves in my rotation. I fear my family may soon stage an intervention for me, so I'd better continue to keep my box of 15,000 blades a secret for the time being... Anyways I figured at the very least @OldSaw would be interested in this Tabac development
Dang! You might be able to open your own store.

🤣

Dang! You might be able to open your own store.

🤣
Yeah I often wonder if/when I'll get to the point of selling stuff off. I'm not in denial of the fact I can't possibly ever use it all, I'm just a collector and stockpiler who chronically takes things to the extreme, often to my own detriment. I even have sets of 1,000 of a few different blades I've never even tried before. Part of me wants to sell everything except for 1 razor, and 2 or 3 soaps and aftershaves each, then just live a simple way. . . but I know myself better than to think I could ever get myself to do that

Top Bottom