What's new

How many shaves from a Persona Med Prep blade

How many shaves, on average, do you get out of a single Persona Med Prep blade? I ask b/c I've decided that, given my clumsiness + tendency to cut myself on razors not in use, that I should finish a blade before switching razors, then put the razor back into its rack empty. So, given that the Med Prep blades are sharper + more expensive than the Wilkinson Sword blades I also use, I'd rather get the most possible use out of each one before tossing it.

So, how many do you usually get out of a mer prep before giving it the old, but very careful, heave ho?

Danke schön,
-Z

Last edited:
5 or 6 shaves. For some blades, I can only get 4 like Feather. Too sharp to last as long. But after 6 shaves my week is starting over so that is plenty anyway. No need to push it and cause myself irritation for a few pennies worth of blade.

Reactions: Kix
For me, it depends on the razor. I usually get at least 6 shaves. In my ATT S-1 or Henson AL 13 medium I can get as many as 12 shaves.

I can get 8 - 10 good shaves from a Personna Med Prep. I like your idea of using the razor until the blade is dull, then switching razors. You can learn the characteristics of the razor using it for consecutive shaves.

Between 14 and 21, easy, but I think I've taken one to thirty shaves. I usually move my blades from one razor to another until I bin it. The only razors I leave the blade in when not in use are my injectors. I cover the blade with a strip of painters tape.

I can get 8 - 10 good shaves from a Personna Med Prep. I like your idea of using the razor until the blade is dull, then switching razors. You can learn the characteristics of the razor using it for consecutive shaves.
Same here. I bought 100 Lab Blues, and 100 Med Preps. Both give me about the same longevity.

I'd say between 8-10 shaves. That's better than average for me. One nice thing about these blades, is their performance just gradually degrades with use, instead of falling off a cliff.

While I haven't Excalibur'd a Med Prep - I prematurely binned my last Crystal at 16
MedPrep is a step above IMO

I usually discard them after 6-10 shaves. I could go longer, but the quality of the shave seems to go down just slightly around then.

My record is 4 shaves out of a single med prep/lab blue.. It's 3 shaves with a feather blade.

Right now I have a Pol silver blade with 5 shaves on it. One more shave and it will break my all time record of 5. The previous record was made on a tatra blade..

Top Bottom