What's new

How many shaves do you get with an SE blade?

How many shaves does an SE blade give you? For DE, it was harder for me to go more than 3 days but SE seems different.

I got the CVS blades (carbon steel). I use rubbing alcohol to dry it and prevent rust. It lasts for like a week.

I can usually get 10+ shaves out of a Gem PTFE SS blades if I'm careful and don't mind getting DFS results on the last 2 or 3 shaves. I would expect carbon blades to wear out a quicker but I'd guess you could get at least 5-6 good shaves out of one.

Injector blades last longer, too - 7-10 from a Schick injector blade is not uncommon for me.

I toss DE blades after 4, but SE blades I tend to run 10+ with. GEM Stainless, Schick & Chick injectors, Feather AC all do extremely well for me.

I have never really pushed one to the limit. I'm trying to do so now since I read on another thread that many guys have easily gotten over 40 shaves from a SE blade like the artist club type. I'll know better in about a month from now.

KeenDogg

Slays On Fleek - For Rizz
I have never really pushed one to the limit. I'm trying to do so now since I read on another thread that many guys have easily gotten over 40 shaves from a SE blade like the artist club type. I'll know better in about a month from now.
Good luck, Ron!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

captp

Pretty Pink Fairy Princess.
9-10 with Feather Pro Super. I could probably push it for a few more, but at about 6 cents a shave, why bother?

I've just started using SEs, so I'm no expert. I used the first one for 7 shaves without much problem. It seemed like it wasn't as efficient so I binned it. Perhaps I could've gone farther.

I was able to push the Carbon-steel SE blades to a week.

But that was also because I dried after each shave with rubbing alcohol and by patting it

I get 10 + shaves on the Gem stainless ( great to use in scrapping tools after done shaving with them) and about 8 on the Schick injectors

I get 20-30 shaves per blade with Feather AC Pro Supers. Here is my current count -- all four blades are still going strong.
red = Kai Captain Excelia kamisori-style shavette
blue = ATT SE2 Colossus
orange = black aluminum Colonial General with Charcoal Goods copper cross-spiral handle
green = silver (aluminum) Colonial General with UFO Kaiser aluminum handle
proxy.php

The razors:
proxy.php

So far 20-30 on feather pro.
About the same on the personna/Ted pella injector blades in the supply injector.
I could probably push them longer, but I normally just switch razors at the beginning of every month

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

With a Gem Stainless I get 6-7 really nice head shaves and beard line cleanups. I usually push them for a few more. If I switch to A MMOC I could take them to 15, but usually don't bother. Injector blades make it to around 20 and could hit 30. As a comparison I can easily hit 25-35 on an Astra SP.

I just use the carbon-steel SE blades. They are sold at CVS or many drugstores.

I feel like the carbon blades can be stretched out if you strop them on your palm

Top Bottom