What's new

How many shaves do YOU get from a Feather?

Feathers crapped out really fast for me, even on the second shave there was a significant drop in sharpness and smoothness. I wouldn't push feathers past 4 shaves max. This was 4 years ago when I was getting 7 shaves from Super Platinum Blues, maybe Feathers are due for another shot.

I've only tried one , my first . I was afraid of their reputation , but it was Great ! Sharp but no more than an IP to me . I got 21 Shaves Total , 20 comfortable , the first 2 or 3 really Super Great . The last shave was noticeable , so I tossed it . I got more shaves from the IPs though , just 3 , or so . The IP even seemed Sharper , or as Sharp on the first Shave . But the first Shave with the Feather I couldn't even feel it , like a Hot knife through butter . They were all Great Shaves , the last also , just time .

But after that , I guess I was spoiled , it took adjusting to my next blade (a new brand for me) , but it's fine , now .

i got 6 out of a feather, wonder how you guys can put more than 10 shaves... amazing... did you guys strop the blade ??

I got 12 shaves and honestly, the las one was the best.
In general, i don't really like feather blades, i'd rather go with personnas or gillette 7'o clock green.

Sent from my XT1068 using Tapatalk

I got 29 shaves out of a Feather this February plus 1 extra day. All DFS shaves and no stropping of the blade. Wiped clean and flipped daily.
Oops! didn't notice this thread is 8 years old.:001_unsur

Feather life seems to be razor dependent, which is why I think we see guys getting anywhere from 3 to 7 shaves from them. In Rocky, I can easily go the entire week (daily shaving), in my Fat-Boy, maybe 4 shaves and its done, usually because the 4th may give me a nick or two. I find the Feather seems to be just a hair thinner than other blades, much the same as the Kai seems to be a tad thicker, making the Feather last longer in a razor that clamps more of the blade.
The Rockwell supports the blade from end to end, last longer, the Fat-Boy/Slim, only by the adjustment plate prongs, and it only gets 3-4 shaves. (For the record I can go 10 or so shaves with a Kai in the Rockwell, but not in any other razor I own).

I got 29 shaves out of a Feather this February plus 1 extra day. All DFS shaves and no stropping of the blade. Wiped clean and flipped daily.
Oops! didn't notice this thread is 8 years old.:001_unsur

This is the secret to increase the number of shaves. I get 3 shaves from a feather or mach 3 if I don't clean them, otherwise about 20. Clean the blades under high pressure water. If your water tap don't have high pressure use shaving foam together with some piece of rubber, like razorpit. Depending on pressure rubber/foam might be the better option.

Last edited:

musicman1951

three-tu-tu, three-tu-tu
I normally get 2 good shaves. If you need to use a Feather you don't mind the short longevity. Fortunately I don't need to - so I don't.

One uncomfortable shave.
When I was still using modern blades I got 3 or 4 with my preferred blades however someone on the general forum was talking about getting 150!!!!

AimlessWanderer

Remember to forget me!
I typically get 10 to 14 shaves from most blades (though some do struggle to even reach 6). The only time I counted shaves from a Feather, I got 34 shaves

Top Bottom