What's new

How many shaves are you getting from the Feather Artist Club Blades

Hi. I'm working through a few loose Feather Artist Club Blades I received as a gift. I would like to hear from those who use these blades in their Feather Artist Club DX/SS/Kamasori or ATT SE or RazoRock Hawk V1 and V2. Which of the AC blades have you tried and how many shaves did you get? Keep in mind the number of passes per shave 1,2 or 3 pass shave.

Thanks.

I typically use a blade for 14-20 shaves in a Feather AC razor. I do not see much difference in sharpness or longevity between the Pro and Super Pro blades. I have never explored the limits of the blade like I have tried with a DE blade (Excalibur style). The blade feels different over time but is still cutting effectively.

I typically use a blade for 14-20 shaves in a Feather AC razor. I do not see much difference in sharpness or longevity between the Pro and Super Pro blades. I have never explored the limits of the blade like I have tried with a DE blade (Excalibur style). The blade feels different over time but is still cutting effectively.
Interesting. And how many passes per shave? How would you rate your beard thickness?

I use them in my SS Colonial General. The last blade lasted I used for 24 three pass shaves. As noted above, there seemed to be no discernible degrading of the blade.

Interesting. And how many passes per shave? How would you rate your beard thickness?
On average about 2 passes. I usually do at least 1.5 passes but sometimes it is 2.5. Where 2.5 pass shave is a couple of full passes (first WTG, followed by another WTG or XTG). And 0.5 pass is loosely defined as a ATG below the sideburns and parts of the cheek, plus touch up around the mouth and chin.

I estimate that I could make do with a single 20 blade pack of Feather AC blades per year, even if doing a 3 pass shave.

My beard density is probably average but it is hard to say. I should add that I only shave with a well hydrated beard. I face lather and never start the shave unless it had been wet for at least two minutes or longer.

Last edited:
Short answer: a lot

Longer answer: i shave face, head and some other strategic locations each shave. Depending on the razor I use on my face I perform the whole shave with the same razor or switch for head or for other locations. Can't do my head with a straight. And won't do other locations with AC blade in any razor I own. So not each shave is the same load on the blade in my "primary" razor for that shave. That said, I get more than ten uses out of Kai and feather AC blades. I have just received Chinese AC blades and look forward to trying them next year when my current feather professional super gibes up.

br
godek

I use Feather Pros in my Feather AC SS folding shavette. I get about an average of 15 2-pass shaves (normally do 3rd/cleanup with a DE just for ease).

Do you never use the professionals? I’m sure those and the supers you could get more
I use the feather professionals and I would say about 15-25 (3 pass shaves.)

If I had to say one number I would probably guess around 20 comfortable shaves. 😅Shiiiiiit you better get that many for the price! 💰 Haha they are in some places over a buck a peice! I never tried the supers but I think I would like them better than the professionals. A lot of people are scared of the supers but I’m not afraid to try them

I get 30 comfortable 2 pass shaves from a Feather Pro in my Hawk V3. The blades cost me 42 euro cents each.

Top Bottom