What's new

How many shave brushes do you own?

Haha, is this a trick question? Currently I use a rotation of 16 badgers with a drawer full of synthetics and boars. All in all around 30 in total.

4 currently in order of preference:
1. Simpson Duke 3 Best
2. Thater Boar
3. Paladin 2-band Pk -47
4. Simpson 58 Manchurian badger

5 Total:
M&F Jade 2XL: 28mm Blonde Bulb
M&F Tiger 2XL: 28mm Finest Bulb
M&F Ivory 2XL: 28mm Finest Hybrid
Paladin/M&F Butterscotch Marble PK-47: 26mm Hybrid
RazoRock 400: 24mm Plissoft

Love me some M&F knots obviously, and only recently got the 400. Wasn't sure how much I was gonna like the Plissoft knot, but I'm very pleasantly surprised. Nice change of pace, and may not get a reknot after all!

1. Semogue 830.
2.Semogue 1305.
3.Semogue 1438.
4.Semogue 1470.
5. Erasmic Boar Bristle.
6.Omega 10077.
7.Omega S10065 synthetic.
8. Omega 48 Pro.
9.Omega 49 Pro.
10.Chinese unbranded Horsehair.
11.Chinese synthetic. (aluminum Handle)
12.Chinese synthetic. (Black resin Handle.)
13. Frank Shaving synthetic.
14./15. Wilkinson Sword Boar. x2
16 Anbbas Boar. (metal Handle).
17. Yaqi 24mm Sagrada Familia R1730 Synthetic.
18. APShavingCO 24mm Cashmere synthetic.

All of my brushes i use in my Brush rotation and get pleasure of each and everyone for different reasons.

far too many to justify.
guilty, your honour!
brush background.jpg

I have approx 12 brushes, most of which are in storage from not getting used, I keep 3 in rotation in my shave drawer
1) Yaqi R1730 Sagrada Familia (Tuxedo Synthetic) (my go to brush)
2) Semogue Excelsior 830 (Boar)
3) Stirling Finest Badger Shave Brush (Marble Handle)

After trying a lot of brushes I have narrowed down my favorites to these three, I tend to be a creature of habit and grab the Yaqi almost daily, it is a powerhouse brush, very soft, just the right amount of backbone and is a wonderful brush for whipping up a great face lather.

Antique Hoosier

“Aircooled”
(2) A vintage boar I bought on the BST in early 2007 and a 26mm Thater in Plexi, a recent BST purchase

4 years later up to 3 shaving brushes. Still have the original vintage boar I purchased on B&B BST back in early 2007 as well as two simple Simpson brushes... both Colonel, just one produced in Somerset England and one from Isle of Man. The aforementioned THATER in Plexi was a treat that should never have been sold but POOF off it went maybe only a few months after buying it.
imageedit_1085_9050765734.jpg

4. Tiny AoS badger that comes with starter 4 elements kit, Barburys by Sibel synthetic, vintage boar, and 2 day old Omega 10098

Top Bottom