What's new

How many shave brushes do you own?

Last week, three: a Parker starter brush, a Simpson Commodore X3 and a Chubby2. This week I added three boars, all Semogues, and a Vie-Long horsehair. Now I get to break in four new brushes!

7...wife thinks I've gone mad:

In order of preference:
1.) Kent Large Black Silvertip
2.) Muhle X-Large Synthetic Silvertip
3.) Parker Silvertip (w/ olivewood/chrome handle)
4.) Whipped Dog Silvertip
5.) Semogue Owner's Club (Ash handle)
6.) Edwin Jagger Pure Badger
7.) Omega Pure Boar

Last edited:
Two so far: Em's Place Silver tip and a Simpson Best Badger Chubby 2 (just got and used once so far). One was plenty. Two seems somehow not enough.....;)

mswofford

Rest in Peace
2 brushes after drastic den reduction of brushes and razors;
Simpson Harvard H4
Simpson Keyhole KH1
$razors 008.jpg

I was so proud of myself! After 2.5 years of constantly buying and selling brushes, I had my collection distilled down to six great brushes and was totally satisfied for about nine months - until Shavemac introduced their 2-band Silvertips and I decided I had to have one.

I held out for several months and then finally gave in two months ago and bought the Shavemac - and then bought 12 more brushes (!!!), five of which haven't been delivered yet. I'm sure I won't keep them all - I never do.

5 (6 soon :thumbup1:) in total so far, listed below in order of acquisition:
Omega - mixed midget
Baxter silvertip (great value)
Plisson synthetic (L'Occitane) -daily driver
Muhle synthetic silvertip 19mm small - for night time 2 pass wtg touch ups
Shavemac DO1 3band - personalized with engraving - wow great brush! And looks like a piece of art
Romero chubby manchurian - on order.......

Four now.
1 AoS Pure Badger
2 L'Occitane de Provence synthetic travel brushes
1 No-name Silvertip from Heisheng1983 of eBay

The most pleasantly surprising of the lot was the no-name from the obscure Chinese seller. He has had mention in B&B before. He has quite a collection for just south and north of $10. His Silvertip lathers richly compared to the far more expensive AoS, and for a fraction of the price.

I have never used a shaving brush through the humid summers here. I figured it is a good idea to have a rotation of at least two badgers so they get a chance to dry out between uses.

5. Plus one my brother "borrowed", plus one on the way

1. No name Chinese boar.
2. Omega 290
3. Omega 98
4. Parker pure badger
5. Parker chrome silvertip

Brother: parker boar

OTW: vie long bg2012

Semogue 830 boar
Whipped dog 24mm silvertip
2x Plisson

vintage Simms "Lather brush" boar
vintage Everready C40 boar

Just sent a Semogue 620 to a friend who just started wetshaving and I will soon be getting 2 Wolf Whiskers synthetics from Peters lucky bag group buy.

up to 10 now

Whipped Dog Silvertip 24/55
Whipped Dog Silvertip 22/50
Whipped Dog Synthetic
Plisson Synthetic
Vie Long 13601
Vie Long 14095 blonde
B&B Essential boar frosted blue
B&B Essential boar Sue Moore edition
VDH white handled boar (was my Dad's)

and the new addtion

Vie Long Zurito Blanco....this is a really nice brush and I am very glad to have it in the rotation

I rotate brushes daily...but I may just shave with new one again tomorrow!

Toothpick

Needs milk and a bidet!
Staff member
3 and It just dawned on me I didn't pay for any of them.

2 were gifted by awesome B&B member - a B&B essential boar and a Frank Shaving badger.
And the 3rd was a bday present last year - Art of Shaving badger that comes in the sample size gift set.

I use the FS most. Very grateful!

1. A VDH pure badger from the kit. New to wet shaving. Hope to be up to a second brush soon. If i had to do it over i would skipped that VDH kit altogether. Listen learned.

Top Bottom