What's new

How many shave brushes do you own?

A few more arrived today. Now I have 37: 20 badger, 6 boar, 11 synthetic.

I received these today: Vintage Every-Ready F40 boar; Vintage Made Rite 50 pure badger; Omega 10049 Pro boar; Leo Frilot custom Electric Blue acrylic w/game changer knot synth, 24mm, w/U. S. Air Force coin inlay. These are my first two vintage brushes. They were represented as unused; not too sure about that. I'll give them a good cleaning and see if they are usable; if not I'll have them re-knotted. Personally, I think the Electric Blue is a stunner, especially with the GC knot.

$20160615_150831.jpg

Let's see..

Badger:
Vintage w/lucite handle of unknown orgin or manufacture. This is my first ever brush. Semi-retired.

Vintage Cling-Fast. Reknotted by Rudy Vey w/TGN Finest
Simpson Colonel X2L
Muhle Kosmo
Semogue 2015 HD
Rudy Vey Custom w/olivewood handle-TGN silvertip
Rudy Vey Custom w/lucite handle-Shavemac finest
Rudy Vey 2016 Group Buy-Shavemac Two Band Silvertip

Boar:
Omega 11126
Omega 20107
Omega 10098
Omega Travel Brush w/the "push-through" handle
Semogue SOC
Semogue 1470
Semogue 610

Horsehair:
Vie-Long American Style Barber's Brush

Synthetic:
Ever-Ready 660. My Grandfather's brush. Semi-(mostly) retired
Rudy Vey L7 Replica w/Muhle V.2
Muhle Turnback Travel Brush V.2
Omega 346235
Omega Hi-Brush
Omega 10049 S-Brush
RazoRock Plisson Italian Barber Tri-Color

.....and I want a Simpson Duke 3 in finest and Paladin Chief. Of course people in Hell want icewater too.

I haven't counted lately, but I think I'm around 30 brushes.

My lrecent SBAD is collecting synthetics.
I've got 6 so far, and still on the hunt for more.
The current Leader of the Synth Pack is a RazoRock Plissoft.

Coming up next, I think I might get a synthetic Whipped Dog 30mm, with a deep-set knot.

I have always used inexpensive brushes and seldom had more than 2 at a time.

Sounds like a man after my own heart. :thumbup1:

I've got exactly two brushes, both Plisson Cade, a not overly expensive synthetic brush which I found perfect for face lathering. One sits in the bathroom at home, one is in my travel bag. I decommissioned a dirt cheap badger and an even cheaper black fibre synthetic for them and have never looked back.

8 right now: All Simpsons' in 'best' hair:
Simpson Chubby 1
Simpson chubby 2
Simpson Duke 3
Simpson Duke 2
Simpson Classic 2
Edwin Jagger Best Faux Ebony handle.
Parker Silvertip faux ivory handle
Ambroley best with wood handle.
Also, just received my Dad's old shaving brush, but I will not use it in my rotation. I posted the story in another thread.

2 with one more in the mail. Muhle silvertip fibre, AOS pure badger from a kit, and a Stirling finest badger should be here this week. Had a VDH board, but I didn't care for it much(probably wasn't broken in, and had the AOS, need a new polish brush for a uniform inspection, so I used it for that haha, never would use a decent brush for anything like that, the kit with the brush was ten bucks, so I didn't mind.)

CVS variety Vanderhagen Boar x2
Omega long handled boar
Parker Silvertip

Im happy, though I am kinda looking for a nice boar with a handle that I find aesthetically pleasing.

I can very much recommend a chubby 1 in super. For me it's the perfect brush and, like you I'm a small/medium brush guy.

I have 5 brushes and have no desire to acquire any more. All Simpsons:

A case for travel
A Duke 2 in best for weekdays
A Chubby 1 in super for Saturday

I have Sunday off!

And then duplicates of the Duke and Chubby as they are my perfect brushes and I wanted spares just in case..

My thinking is that these brushes should last my lifetime, hopefully (I'm 31).

I'm 31 as well! Your recommendation solidified my idea that I needed a Chubby 1 in Super. I bought one during the WCS sale and just had my first lather with it. Initial impressions are that it may end up being my favorite brush. Thanks!

So now my brush tally is 4: Wee Scot, Case, Tulip 1 Super, Chubby 1 Super. I think that lineup will keep me happy for many years.

IMightBeWrong

Loves a smelly brush
Couple on the way. I HAVE owned a decent number, likely around 20 all together, but having parted with many I will be at 6 with the ones on the way arriving. I would like to have just 2-3, one brush in each category that I enjoy (I hate the horse brushes), but I can't seem to narrow down to just 1 badger or boar...

Top Bottom