What's new

How many razors are you watching on eBay?

I wanted to see if anyone else had this same problem, but as of this morning if have 18 razors that I am watching on eBay. I already have 15 straights, 4 of which I have procured in the last couple of weeks. I mostly try to find interesting pieces with little to no hone wear that simply need to remove a little rust, shine and to be honed. So everything is around $20 -$50 that I am looking at, with a few getting up around $100. Needless to say is I currently have a problem and need to get it under control before my wife starts to notice that my straight razor collection has instantly double or tripled in size.

I'm watching zero razors on eBay as I have everything that I need at the moment.

This isn't going to help but I'd recommend that you look for some Japanese straight razors. The ones I've tried have been excellent. Usually better quality steel with outstanding edge retention.

I'm watching one razor on ebay.
It's an Excellent quality Aristocrat razor in box and original box.
I watch it sometimes and then think of how many soaps I'll be able to purchase with that kind of money and then happily go on with my cnc milled stainless steel razors.

I'm also watching one razor on Italian Barber, but I'll be watching it for a long time because there won't be any agave related purchase this year.

It's the RazoRock Lupo DC and with it, my shave den will be complete.

I know famous last words; but I'm more smitten by the soaps than I'm with the razors.

I have few razors and almost all are great quality razors.

As soon as I get Lupo, I'll gift/ PIF some of my beginner razor, because I won't get much out of the sale (<10)

Ravenonrock

I shaved the pig
I have a SR on the way from eBay. I have another excellent SR I got off eBay last year. Hopefully the razor I’m waiting on doesn’t disappoint. If all works out I will consider myself lucky and enjoy a sabbatical from purchases for a while.

I'm watching zero razors on eBay as I have everything that I need at the moment.

This isn't going to help but I'd recommend that you look for some Japanese straight razors. The ones I've tried have been excellent. Usually better quality steel with outstanding edge retention.
You're right dfoulk, that doesn't help. I've steered clear of Japanese straights as the ones in the condition I prefer are usually north of $100. I'm sure soon enough these will start making there way into my den.

EclipseRedRing

I smell like a Christmas pudding
I am usually watching three or four razors but normally ones that I already own in order to see the final sale price. I am not interested in more razors as I do not want to become one of those that orders three razors at a time and barely if ever uses them before ordering more in an endless cycle of dissatisfaction. In other words..... a........ collector. 😂

something is always on the watch list.

with this said, im trying to limit things to unique, hard-to-find, and in good shape(preferably and allegedly NOS) as possible. this curbs the obsession somewhat.

camo

something is always on the watch list.

with this said, im trying to limit things to unique, hard-to-find, and in good shape(preferably and allegedly NOS) as possible. this curbs the obsession somewhat.

camo

I couldn't agree more with you camo but lately I have been purchasing blades where some new SR shaver wouldn't look to lightly restore, hone and then sell here on the board. I only buy now based on rarity and what ever really gets my attention for my personal collection.

Larry

I wanted to see if anyone else had this same problem, but as of this morning if have 18 razors that I am watching on eBay. I already have 15 straights, 4 of which I have procured in the last couple of weeks. I mostly try to find interesting pieces with little to no hone wear that simply need to remove a little rust, shine and to be honed. So everything is around $20 -$50 that I am looking at, with a few getting up around $100. Needless to say is I currently have a problem and need to get it under control before my wife starts to notice that my straight razor collection has instantly double or tripled in size.

One day,
you'll buy a new couch and when the delivery men take the old one,
your wife will see the razors that you hid but forgot about ;)

Currently 0. But I was at this point in December, said I was done, and then bought 2 more before the year ended. I think I have 18 at the moment - 16 shave-ready and 2 waiting for a rescale. I’m hoping that I’m done for a bit.

I've got 9 razors in my ebay watchlist at the moment. Always interested in finding something different or just watch what some razors sell for.

Top Bottom