What's new

How many posters on B&B are affiliated with vendors?

Eric_75

Not made for these times.
I'm only affiliated with herding the goats at the Arkonian gates of dawn.

Very pastoral.

R.jpg

We do not.
If anyone is aware of someone endorsing or promoting a product for gain (financial or otherwise in any way) we'd love to hear from you.
We try our best to keep commercial interests a distinctly separate entity here, but there are always going to be folks who can't do the right thing.
If you're aware of any, please let us know.
Hi Luvmysuper and @Quaznoid , My sense is that there is very little, if any, promotion of product for gain (direct payment for posting) here. The frequent posters here are a relatively small community and anyone doing this would quickly be called out as the pattern was recognized. Agree with the many posts above that we do see typical internet behavior where folks are excited about a recent accomplishment or premium/rare product acquisition and want to talk about it. No different than when we were kids and someone in the neighborhood bought a new car and couldn't wait to share the news/excitement with the neighbors.

In my roughly 2 years on B&B I've only run into one instance where a B&Ber involved with the development/manufacturing of a product was touting it and it was very easy to figure out from the post patterns. I was new to B&B at the time and eventually learned that the poster was doing nothing more than sharing natural excitement for something he had helped develop (testing) and was in no way receiving any payment. This B&Ber offers a wealth of knowledge that I hope he keeps sharing with the rest of us. The same is true for all the other B&Bers whose excitement for their shaving experiences add to the richness of our dialogue.

I suspect that another good reason why we don't see much, if any, of this is that our moderators are good at handling folks with agenda's that are not consistent with the goals and rules here. Reactions to inappropriate behaviors are relatively quick.

Last edited:
P.S.

Regarding @FarmerTan I feel he has been unfairly slighted by the calls above for an investigation into his support of Arko. 🙂
Based on the analysis of Evyap (Turkish company that manufactures Arko) I posted a couple of months ago (link below) it appears that they are trying to de-emphasize Arko in order to shift customers to their higher margin products. Given this they would never pay someone to tout Arko shave sticks. If Evyap were to offer payments it would be to stop someone from touting its shave sticks as that would be more consistent with their product strategy. 🤣

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
P.S.

Regarding @FarmerTan I feel he has been unfairly slighted by the calls above for an investigation into his support of Arko. 🙂
Based on the analysis of Evyap (Turkish company that manufactures Arko) I posted a couple of months ago (link below) it appears that they are trying to de-emphasize Arko in order to shift customers to their higher margin products. Given this they would never pay someone to tout Arko shave sticks. If Evyap were to offer payments it would be to stop someone from touting its shave sticks as that would be more consistent with their product strategy. 🤣

They'll never take me alive!

JCarr

More Deep Thoughts than Jack Handy
If by affiliated you mean certain vendors have a lot of my money, then yes...I'm affiliated. My wife can vouch for these affiliations and isn't thrilled about them. She's hoping I'll break these affiliations soon.

Fred D

Member of The Illiterati
P.S.

I've always suspected that Arko is actually manufactured in the Beta Quadrant by Arkonians.

Top Bottom