Votes: 17 20.0%
  • 100-500

Votes: 3 3.5%
  • Over 500

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

brandaves

With a great avatar comes great misidentification
Haven't counted recently but probably around the 40-50 mark I'm guessing. I'd like to pull a move like @Price and sell off some and invest in some higher end pipes that I really love.

I'm sitting right at 5 briars. Plus the one Mrs. Rookie commandeered. And three cobs, which don't count. At least I've been telling Mrs. Rookie they don't count because how cheap and "disposable" they are. But I'm saving up for those two Brighams. And after that, I'm very curious to see what the hubbub is about with meerschaum.

Time to update. My spreadsheet reports that I’m at 82, which includes 12 estates that need restoration. When I get all retired at the end of the year, I plan to build a second cabinet to hold 40 pipes. My current cabinet holds 48, so I’m lacking storage space. While I’ve thought about thinning the herd, I find no compelling reason.

I've got 30 pipes. A couple are restorations I'm working on, a couple are pipes I've yet to smoke and the rest are rotation pipes. I'm one of those snobs that finds a blend they really like and when one of my pipes smokes it perfectly, it becomes that sole pipe for that tobacco. I promise, it never intended to be that way but....like my safety razors, I started with one, then ended up with a Gillette for every decade they made them.

Restorations can be a lot of the kind of fun that makes you curse a lot, like trout fishing. I've done several pocket knives and it's always wonderful to see the finished product. I have a couple estates that I've spruced up a bit, but I'm looking forward to my first full on restoration.

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
I've got 30 pipes. A couple are restorations I'm working on, a couple are pipes I've yet to smoke and the rest are rotation pipes. I'm one of those snobs that finds a blend they really like and when one of my pipes smokes it perfectly, it becomes that sole pipe for that tobacco. I promise, it never intended to be that way but....like my safety razors, I started with one, then ended up with a Gillette for every decade they made them.
Nothing wrong with that.

I'm up to 8 briar pipes and 6 cobs. But 4 are for modification purposes. I'll keep one or two and PIF the others if they're any good.

AimlessWanderer

Remember to forget me!
I'm up to 8 briar pipes and 6 cobs. But 4 are for modification purposes. I'll keep one or two and PIF the others if they're any good.

You've caught me up already! Or at least you will when you get your Falcon 🤣 then the only thing I'll have that you don't is the Mr Brogs, which only cost the same as cobs anyway ;)

I own so many beautiful pipes which have not been smoked in at least 35 years. I have Charatan’s , Saesini,Savinelli, a Bauer calabash, a freeform Dunhill , Edwards and some mixed freeform that were purchased at the old Cellini Pipe Shop in downtown Chicago. Looking at them brings back fond memories of smoking pleasure.

brandaves

With a great avatar comes great misidentification
I own so many beautiful pipes which have not been smoked in at least 35 years. I have Charatan’s , Saesini,Savinelli, a Bauer calabash, a freeform Dunhill , Edwards and some mixed freeform that were purchased at the old Cellini Pipe Shop in downtown Chicago. Looking at them brings back fond memories of smoking pleasure.
Put them back into service! It's a shame they are gathering dust. It sounds like you have a very nice collection.

Put them back into service! It's a shame they are gathering dust. It sounds like you have a very nice collection.
I do have, however it’s the smoking/health issue that is the roadblock. So yes they are collecting some dust. I can still smell the remnants of the stout English blends that graced the bowls.

Sounds like you have some beautiful pipes. Can I impose on you to post some pics (especially of the Saesini).

Top Bottom