Votes: 37 43.5%
  • 50-100

Votes: 17 20.0%
  • 100-500

Votes: 3 3.5%
  • Over 500

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
About 60. I've maintained that ballpark figure for a couple years now. Would like to get down below the 50 mark, but it's already taken some tough choices to get this far.

Also to add, to count mine I'd have to clean out my car, shop and office. Would probably find a couple in a hunting and fishing vests... I'm a little cluttered.

Also have multiple man bags I take to the lounge and each one has a few pipes and jars in each.

Mike H

Instagram Famous
Also to add, to count mine I'd have to clean out my car, shop and office. Would probably find a couple in a hunting and fishing vests... I'm a little cluttered.

Also have multiple man bags I take to the lounge and each one has a few pipes and jars in each.

Ha, I started counting, then remembered another stash, added those then remembered another stash. I way underestimated the total.

I started back up with pipe smoking last July after a 30 or so year hiatus. I had my four old pipes. Having lived through 20 years of fountain pen accumulation with no method tracking the growing stash, I decided to keep track of the tobacco/pipe accumulation from the get go; I realize my proclivity toward acquisition!
The spreadsheet says I have 52 pipes in my possession and 8 that I've given away. As with the fountain pens, I'm finding that as the accumulation grows, I'm becoming more discerning with my pipe purchases and the price point is moving up. The one outlier in all this is last year's Larrysson BL LE, the pipe that started me down the rabbit hole; and I blame (and thank) all of you!

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
Two Tinskys, 3 Larryssons, 1 (soon to be 2) DR Francs, 1 Brian Orton, and 1 Peterson. Oh, and a Bahrling (I think) second that I need to clean up and PIF. Good smoker, but I don’t care for billiards.

Better pipes and tobacco then booze and women!
That's what I keep telling my Social, Financial, and Menu adviser; I'm not sure she's buying it. Although, the last tobacco delivery that showed up at the house, which she had opened "by mistake" (in her defense, the box had been abused by the post office, so ...), she did no head shaking or eye rolling or loudly commenting. So, maybe she's figuring it out, or tiring of cajoling me. My birthday is upcoming; if she gets me something pipe/tobacco related, I will know she is on board.

AimlessWanderer

Remember to forget me!
It's been a while since I counted, but I think I have nine. I'm only an occasional smoker though, and most of my smoking tends to be done in just three of them.

I haven’t smoked my pipes much in the last few years and I need to take an inventory. I did order this year’s B&B LE pipe and that’s the first pipe I have purchased in a long time.

When I went from a couple of pipes that I smoked regularly to “collecting” I started with old Drinkless Kaywoodie’s. They were high end in their hay days. I discovered that Bill Feuerbach 3.0 was and still is making new era Kaywoodie pipes at the higher end of the current line that are quite nice. I ended up selling off the older Kaywoodies and buying new eras amongst others.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Top Bottom