What's new

How many people in the BL still shave regularly?

Do you still shave since becoming active in the Brown Leaf?

• Regularly

• Occasionally

• Never

• What's wet shaving?

Results are only viewable after voting.
To me smoking pipes, cutting cigars, and safety razor shaving are things of yesteryear and belong together. I can't imagine doing one without the other.

I still shave every day. I haven't bought a new shaving item in quite some time though (with the Saint Sue Auctions being an exception)

I shave 3 times per week with de. Still in toddler stages with straights, so it is only 2 times per week with straights. Done acquiring shaving items, except for two straights that should be here around February (hopefully). I got my name in for a Dark holler Brush (or two) and I'll be done with shaving acquisitions for a while. Still fighting Pipe Acquisition as my new Brebbia just came in (after about a month or more in transit) and I also acquired a Moretti morta (yikes!) as well, so I should be good on pipes for a long while. The only items that I am trying to allow for are tobacco if I get the chance.

Still wet shave almost every day. It's a routine I still enjoy, even though I'm retired. I do have a goatee and keep it trimmed.

I have been wet shaving for about 50 years. I have only been smoking a pipe for about 45 years, so there has been quite a bit of overlap between the two. I only found this forum a couple of years ago, so the forum is something very new in my life, so finding BL has made very little difference in how I do things :)

About once to twice a week at most. I shave with a straight so for me a big part of the joy is getting that steel so sharp I can shave comfortably with it. Due to that I feel I'll always shave. Love honing/stropping etc.

I still have tons of shave gear, but only shave a couple times a week these days. I haven't strayed outside of the BL for well over a year, since the bookmarks on my phone, tablet and computer are all linked to the BL. I have absolutely no shaving-related ADs anymore, but I still really enjoy shaving with DEs, SEs and straights.. I have a lifetime of shave gear, so I'm set!

Although, if Weber makes a SS slant at some point, I might bite.. I'm so out of the loop, that may exist by now!

I had a goatee for about 7 years, went clean shaven for 3 and now I am sporting a trim beard. I still shave every other day to keep things tidy. When I was clean shaven I would rock the 37C slant. Now that I need a bit more control I am switching between my EJ DE89 and a new Ikon Slant. My PAD and TAD have completely overtaken my RAD.

simon1

Self Ignored by Vista
Shave every day, even though I've had a 'stache for decades and grew a short box beard a couple of months ago. Still have to trim the outline.

Not too much on RAD anymore as I've acquired the kind of '40s style SS that dad had and my birth year, and quarter, flare tip, along with a few others. I've pretty much settled on my Gem/Ever-Ready and E or G model Schick SEs as my daily shavers...along with my Ever-Ready brushes I refurbished with some good badger hair knots.

My current RAD was satisfied by SWMBO when I got the max that could be ordered of Gem and Schick blades for Christmas.

Right now I need to order some more quality 'baccy and a pipe reamer, a copious quantity of pipe cleaners, and...and...and.

Although...I'm starting to get back into the old OTC 'baccy, the kind I used to call the local store when I was a kid and ask, "Do you have Prince Albert in a can?"

Shave every day. Still enjoy it. Enjoy BL pleasure only once in a great while until it warms up again as I smoke outdoors.

Top Bottom