What's new

How many passes do you do?

I was doing three passes, but it was slightly irritating. I switched to two passes (WTG/XTG) with a little pick-up here and there. Seems better. I do re-lather in between. I love having this as part of my daily routine.

Actually, for the first time, today I switched razors from the first pass (ATT Windsor SSR1) to the second pass (Tatara Masamune) and was quite happy with the combination. I did use the same blade (Wilkinson Sword).

Phoenixkh

I shaved a fortune
I was doing three passes.. the normal ATG, XTG and ATG... but I'm finding I do fine skipping the XTG except the chin area. So I'm doing two passes and whatever direction I need to go to get chin area cleaned up. I do always add lather in between every pass.

I guess I do what you would call a 1 plus. I basically go over my face in different directions for different parts and then do quick clean passes on certain areas that always need it.
I use my safety razor pretty much the same as I use a cartridge (which I know may not be the best thing to do for everybody).

I was doing three passes.. the normal ATG, XTG and ATG... but I'm finding I do fine skipping the XTG except the chin area. So I'm doing two passes and whatever direction I need to go to get chin area cleaned up. I do always add lather in between every pass.
Two atg passes would tear me up, great if you can do it

I guess I do what you would call a 1 plus. I basically go over my face in different directions for different parts and then do quick clean passes on certain areas that always need it.
I use my safety razor pretty much the same as I use a cartridge (which I know may not be the best thing to do for everybody).
I get my best shaves with one pass and some clean ups like a once over shave

Top Bottom