What's new

How many own more than one electric shaver?

I am wondering how many own more than one electric shaver? Do you own more than one as one replaced the old one or do you like collecting several just to own and appreciate them?

I had this Braun Series 3 390cc in 2008.

It had the cleaning system and I found it to be good but not great on my neck. I wish I kept it when i purchased the Norelco Sensotouch 3D shaver 5 years later which replaced it.

Chandu

I Waxed The Badger.
I own two. I own a Panasonic Arc5 I bought and I own a Norelco 4100 the airline bought me when my luggage got delayed. Had it not been for the delay, I'd only own one.

I own two. I own a Panasonic Arc5 I bought and I own a Norelco 4100 the airline bought me when my luggage got delayed. Had it not been for the delay, I'd only own one.
For what airlines charge I would have made them atleast buy me a Braun Series-5[emoji16].

Clayton

Sent from my SM-A705U using Tapatalk

Purely for the sake of experimentation I have owned the following (don't remember specific model numbers) in the order I remember getting them:
•philips Norelco beard'n'ball trimmer
•Philips Norelco base level triple head rotary shaver
•Wahl color pro clippers
•Remington base level foil shaver
•Braun series 3 (310s I think, the cheapest one)
•Braun series 3 proskin
•Braun series 7 2nd gen w/ cleaning station (my favorite shaver in the list, regret getting rid of it)
•Remington 'lifeproof' beard'n'ball trimmers (these are awesome, lightweight but very powerful, buzz cuts like butter)
•Skull shaver pitbull gold
•Mangroomer self hair cut clippers
•Philips Norelco oneblade base model
•Braun series 9 2nd gen w/ cleaning station
•Philips Norelco oneblade face/body model (better battery)
•Braun series 3 proskin w/ cleaning station
•Skull shaver pitbull silver
•Skull shaver palm
•Braun Series 9 2nd gen w/ cleaning station
•Braun Series 3 proskin (Japanese import model) w/ cleaning station

No, I don't still own all of these. All I kept from the entire list above is the Braun series 3 proskin Japanese model, the Philips Norelco oneblade face/body model, the Wahl color pro clippers, and the Remington LifeProof trimmers. Everything else was mostly sold or returned and purchased solely for experimentation with a few items just simply breaking down after years of use. I rarely ever use the Wahl clippers anymore, I used them for years for weekly buzz cuts but the Remington trimmer cuts closer and is easier to use (it's got a seriously powerful motor) even for buzz cuts. I alternate between the Braun and the oneblade for shaving.

As of right now I have 15 shavers, 7 Brauns, 7 Philips Norelcos, 1 Panasonic and 5 trimmers. I guess you could say I collect them. :001_unsur

From left to right
Braun Old Series 5, Old Series 7, New Series 7, 7000 Series, 8000 Series and New Series 6
IMG_0441.jpg

New Series 5
IMG_0445.jpg

Panasonic ARC ES-LT7N-S
ARC ES-LT7N-S.jpg

Philips Norelco S9860, S9311, Series 6000 & 5000
IMG_0446.jpg

And 3 other Philips Norelco not shown, a Series 7000 another Series 6000 and a S740 Click & Style.

As of right now I have 15 shavers, 7 Brauns, 7 Philips Norelcos, 1 Panasonic and 5 trimmers. I guess you could say I collect them. :001_unsur

From left to right
Braun Old Series 5, Old Series 7, New Series 7, 7000 Series, 8000 Series and New Series 6
View attachment 1064113
New Series 5
View attachment 1064116
Panasonic ARC ES-LT7N-S
View attachment 1064115
Philips Norelco S9860, S9311, Series 6000 & 5000
View attachment 1064119
And 3 other Philips Norelco not shown, a Series 7000 another Series 6000 and a S740 Click & Style.
Which two shavers do you like the best? What do you like best about them?

Last edited:
I don't use them much, have a Panasonic Arc3 (used 3 times); now just bought a Norelco One Blade (new unused-still bearded, might do the stubble look in summer), Norelco 3100 (new); and a plethora of trimmers.
Currently shaving my head, DE and sometimes carts. Use shavette around face.

Tossed older Braun and Norelco...they butchered my face (years ago)

Thanks for your reply, the Norelco is a lot quieter than the Braun is another consideration too. Curious why there is no Braun Series 9 in your collection? Perhaps the 7 is all you need?

Last edited:
Thanks for your reply, the Norelco is a lot quieter than the Braun is another consideration too. Curious why there is no Btaun Series 9 in your collection? Perhaps the 7 is all you need?

I thought about a Series 9 but according to all the reviews the minor improvements in shave quality did not justify the cost increase over the 7. Plus a lot people complained the head was rather large and made it difficult to shave tighter areas like their upper lip.

Agree with Macsta - the new Series 7 is my go-to shaver. The Series 9 is a good shaver, but not quite as close as the 7, and the flexible head on the 7 is really not a gimmick but works very well. I also agree with the Braun being more comfortable than the Norelco rotaries, although the 9000 Series and Prestige are very nice shavers. I like the Braun cleaning system as well, and the new Series 7 lineup is not only better in terms of the shave, but a bargain as well compared to the Series 9.

Thank you for your reply. If the series 7 and 9 were the same price would you still go with the 7? Have you ever compared the two and does the extra cutter on the 9 improve the closeness?

The reason I ask is I was planning on getting the Series9 shaver based on the multiple video reviews. If there is no difference, I'll go with the 7, however if there is some slight Improvement, I don't mind paying the extra money as I will shave with it for at least six years

Thank you for your reply. If the series 7 and 9 were the same price would you still go with the 7? Have you ever compared the two and does the extra cutter on the 9 improve the closeness?

The reason I ask is I was planning on getting the Series9 shaver based on the multiple video reviews. If there is no difference, I'll go with the 7, however if there is some slight Improvement, I don't mind paying the extra money as I will shave with it for at least six years

Can only give you my experience, and there are excellent reviews on ShaverCheck. I've used a Series 9 for several years and it's a great shaver - the larger head never bothered me because I also use an Arc 5, which has the largest head of any of the electrics. Some users take a while to adapt, because it's definitely larger than any of Braun's previous models. It's a close, comfortable shaver, and you won't be disappointed. The built-in trimmer is a significant improvement over the older Series 7, which was flimsy and prone to break. It's also the quietest of the Braun lineup, although foils in general don't compare to rotaries for low noise levels, and the cleaning station is arguably Braun's best.

I use the new Series 7 now almost exclusively, for a couple of reasons, not related to price. The first is, it gives me a closer, more uniform shave. With the 9, I always had to repeat strokes over some parts of my face, and it never trimmed my neck consistently. The extra cutter really isn't more functional than a single flat trimmer IMO, and just adds size. The 7 just seems to sweep clean in fewer passes. It's also slightly smaller and more maneuverable, although larger than the older 7, and the 360 swivel really has proven to keep the cutters parallel to my face with literally no effort. I should also point out that the foils on the 7 extend slightly higher than the 9, and are slightly "stiffer," so it's easier to cause irritation if you don't use a light touch. The cassette itself has more plastic than the 9, and pulling it off to remove it seems less "precision" than the lock buttons on the 9. There are also those who don't like a removable trimmer - I actually do, because built-in trimmers can break and dull, and you can't really replace a built-in, but the 7 trimmer is more "fiddly" and requires extra steps to use. It does permit a slimmer and more compact shaver body.

And I'm ambivalent about the station on the new 7 - it seems larger because of the extended arm, and you really can't charge the shaver without starting a cleaning cycle. But it does work very well, and the cycle is identical to Braun's other stations. And all Braun's stations are dead easy to use: drop in the shaver and push the button - done. The warning lights seem to be exactly the same also - cartridge lasts about a month, and a week or so before it's empty a green light comes on around the Start button, followed by a red light when you're down to about 3 more cleanings.

So either of these Brauns is a great choice, and you can get smooth, comfortable shaves with either; just depends on what you want in features and convenience.

Last edited:
Can only give you my experience, and there are excellent reviews on ShaverCheck. I've used a Series 9 for several years and it's a great shaver - the larger head never bothered me because I also use an Arc 5, which has the largest head of any of the electrics. Some users take a while to adapt, because it's definitely larger than any of Braun's previous models. It's a close, comfortable shaver, and you won't be disappointed. The built-in trimmer is a significant improvement over the older Series 7, which was flimsy and prone to break. It's also the quietest of the Braun lineup, although foils in general don't compare to rotaries for low noise levels, and the cleaning station is arguably Braun's best.

I use the new Series 7 now almost exclusively, for a couple of reasons, not related to price. The first is, it gives me a closer, more uniform shave. With the 9, I always had to repeat strokes over some parts of my face, and it never trimmed my neck consistently. The extra cutter really isn't more functional than a single flat trimmer IMO, and just adds size. The 7 just seems to sweep clean in fewer passes. It's also slightly smaller and more maneuverable, although larger than the older 7, and the 360 swivel really has proven to keep the cutters parallel to my face with literally no effort. I should also point out that the foils on the 7 extend slightly higher than the 9, and are slightly "stiffer," so it's easier to cause irritation if you don't use a light touch. The cassette itself has more plastic than the 9, and pulling it off to remove it seems less "precision" than the lock buttons on the 9. There are also those who don't like a removable trimmer - I actually do, because built-in trimmers can break and dull, and you can't really replace a built-in, but the 7 trimmer is more "fiddly" and requires extra steps to use. It does permit a slimmer and more compact shaver body.

And I'm ambivalent about the station on the new 7 - it seems larger because of the extended arm, and you really can't charge the shaver without starting a cleaning cycle. But it does work very well, and the cycle is identical to Braun's other stations. And all Braun's stations are dead easy to use: drop in the shaver and push the button - done. The warning lights seem to be exactly the same also - cartridge lasts about a month, and a week or so before it's empty a green light comes on around the Start button, followed by a red light when you're down to about 3 more cleanings.

So either of these Brauns is a great choice, and you can get smooth, comfortable shaves with either; just depends on what you want in features and convenience.

I keep reading posts about the new designs from Braun catching flat lying neck hairs better then the 9 which makes me want to try it even more because that was always the issue that kept causing my to pull out my Philips oneblade.

I keep reading posts about the new designs from Braun catching flat lying neck hairs better then the 9 which makes me want to try it even more because that was always the issue that kept causing my to pull out my Philips oneblade.

I think it probably does because of the design of the flat cutter, but I believe the design of the flat cutters on either shaver is limited because of the need to position the cutters between the foils - neither of them will do a perfect job of catching longer hairs compared to a dedicated trimmer like the OneBlade, or even a rotary shaver. That said, the cutters are a significant improvement over foil alone, and work fine for me (a daily shaver). A lot of discussion about the "best" between the new 7 or Series 9, and frankly they're pretty close - to me. I would give the nod to a slightly closer shave - for me - with the new 7, but it comes at the expense, as noted, of a potentially rougher shave if you don't go easy. The removable trimmer is also a minus (to some - not to me), and the lack of a release button on the head, but overall, they're mostly very equivalent shavers (to me).

Where I do think the new 7 is clearly superior is in price - about $50 cheaper in the US than the old Series 7 design (still available), and more than $100 cheaper than the Series 9 similarly equipped, with as good or better performance (for me). I also think it's a better design than the older Series 7 (many would disagree to be fair), but the older 7 has almost a cult following because it really was a ground-breaking shaver in its day. Slight improvements over time, but the basic design of the head lock (very delicate and weak) and the popup trimmer (same) put it behind modern shaver design IMO, along with its sort of goofy battery indicator. Still a good shaver, but falling behind current technology, especially for the premium price. Different strokes, as they say, but any of these three shavers is worlds different than the old corded Norelcos or Remingtons (I used back in the day), and I wouldn't be disappointed if I only could use one of the three for the rest of my shaving days. YMMV, of course.

Very insightful replies that I appreciate. I also understand with different skin and beard, not everyone will get the same results on any shaver.

Based on the new review of the new Series 7 at Shaver check, i will be getting the Series 9. New Braun Series 7 (2020) vs The Original Series 7: Which One Is Better? • ShaverCheck - https://shavercheck.com/braun-series-7-new-vs-original/

Though it may provide an excellent shave, with the difficult cassette to remove, the metal cassette that is now plastic, and the new charger long arm, I decided to go with the Series 9. The reviewer said its marginally better as well. But that is not to knock the new Series 7. The important thing is to use a shaver your happy with.

I think it probably does because of the design of the flat cutter, but I believe the design of the flat cutters on either shaver is limited because of the need to position the cutters between the foils - neither of them will do a perfect job of catching longer hairs compared to a dedicated trimmer like the OneBlade, or even a rotary shaver. That said, the cutters are a significant improvement over foil alone, and work fine for me (a daily shaver). A lot of discussion about the "best" between the new 7 or Series 9, and frankly they're pretty close - to me. I would give the nod to a slightly closer shave - for me - with the new 7, but it comes at the expense, as noted, of a potentially rougher shave if you don't go easy. The removable trimmer is also a minus (to some - not to me), and the lack of a release button on the head, but overall, they're mostly very equivalent shavers (to me).

Where I do think the new 7 is clearly superior is in price - about $50 cheaper in the US than the old Series 7 design (still available), and more than $100 cheaper than the Series 9 similarly equipped, with as good or better performance (for me). I also think it's a better design than the older Series 7 (many would disagree to be fair), but the older 7 has almost a cult following because it really was a ground-breaking shaver in its day. Slight improvements over time, but the basic design of the head lock (very delicate and weak) and the popup trimmer (same) put it behind modern shaver design IMO, along with its sort of goofy battery indicator. Still a good shaver, but falling behind current technology, especially for the premium price. Different strokes, as they say, but any of these three shavers is worlds different than the old corded Norelcos or Remingtons (I used back in the day), and I wouldn't be disappointed if I only could use one of the three for the rest of my shaving days. YMMV, of course.

Could be "photo illusion" but the head design on these new Braun shavers looks slight rounded to the convex vs their old heads being more flat. I wonder if that is what helps catch those flat hairs.

Top Bottom