What's new

How many own more than one electric shaver?

Could be "photo illusion" but the head design on these new Braun shavers looks slight rounded to the convex vs their old heads being more flat. I wonder if that is what helps catch those flat hairs.

The Arc 5 really is convex (hence the "Arc" I presume), but just checked and the 73s head on the new Series 7 seems to be perfectly flat. The center cutter bar does have a different pattern than the older 7 or the Series 9, so that may account for the difference, but it does seem to me that it picks up flat-lying hairs better - again, some disagree.

The Arc 5 really is convex (hence the "Arc" I presume), but just checked and the 73s head on the new Series 7 seems to be perfectly flat. The center cutter bar does have a different pattern than the older 7 or the Series 9, so that may account for the difference, but it does seem to me that it picks up flat-lying hairs better - again, some disagree.

I've got especially stubborn flat hairs and my series 3 does a much better job of them then my series 9 ever did (still not perfect of course) so I can relate.

I've got especially stubborn flat hairs and my series 3 does a much better job of them then my series 9 ever did (still not perfect of course) so I can relate.

Haven't seen the 3, but the 7 cassette by report is very similar, so performance should be equivalent. I think the new head design was actually pretty well thought out by Braun, and I suspect most will find it an improvement in their shave, in spite of the plastic bits. Longevity is still a question, and hopefully we'll see some replacements hit the market soon before users find they need them (and maybe 12-18 months is accurate, although all manufacturers tend to be optimistic).

Haven't seen the 3, but the 7 cassette by report is very similar, so performance should be equivalent. I think the new head design was actually pretty well thought out by Braun, and I suspect most will find it an improvement in their shave, in spite of the plastic bits. Longevity is still a question, and hopefully we'll see some replacements hit the market soon before users find they need them (and maybe 12-18 months is accurate, although all manufacturers tend to be optimistic).

Huge generalization here but in theory plastic parts should work better then metal for "disposable" aspects like the head itself. Unless you are someone who is extensively traveling or really rough on your shaver then plastic won't rust, bend, or get warm.

I thought about a Series 9 but according to all the reviews the minor improvements in shave quality did not justify the cost increase over the 7. Plus a lot people complained the head was rather large and made it difficult to shave tighter areas like their upper lip.
The Series-9 shaves my face smoother than the Series-7. The shaving head is bigger but I've adapted to it and have no problems shaving under my nose. The head lock on the Series-9 works better than the one on the Series-7. Even with their differences I still like both of my Braun Shavers.

Clayton

Sent from my SM-A705U using Tapatalk

I only have three shavers. My daily shaver is a Braun 7983s, Panasonic ES8103 and a Norelco three head that’s about 10 years old. The Panasonic lasted nearly 5 years when the battery wouldn’t hold a charge and it still had the original cutters and screens. The cutters were finally getting dull. My wife bought the Norelco for my son when he was 13 and he never liked it. I’ve used it a few times but couldn’t get a close shave that took much longer than the Panasonic or the Braun.

I have 3. 1 Corded Philips not sure about model number and a more modern 7530series. And the OneBlade that I have not tried yet. I know there are fans here so the bar is high on that one ;) .

I have 3. 1 Corded Philips not sure about model number and a more modern 7530series. And the OneBlade that I have not tried yet. I know there are fans here so the bar is high on that one ;) .

If you hate it, don't blame me!! Haha

I kid of course. I advocate that device highly as it's a fantastic utility tool in that it can serve many different purposes. I just also have gotten some great shaves from it and it's become my defacto "when in doubt" reach.

Top Bottom