What's new

How many of you guys have settled?

I do not buy samples to try the latest and greatest cream. I have 3 creams and 2 soaps and they all work well. I have an HD, a Slant and a SS. After all this time, I can get BBS with any razor... It just needs a slight change in technique (angle/ direction of the stroke mostly). I have a feather AC and some straights. I have 2 brushes, but I only use 1.
If anything, I will be getting a hone and a paddle strop, but that is it.
I have 50+ EDTs, but I do not need more... except for a few montales, Creed Acier Aluminium and a bottle of Domenico Caraceni :w00t: (Ok I still have EDTAD)

But when it comes to shaving stuff. I have settled. It feels good.

Settled?!

By my math you have approx. 70 shaving combinations (assuming some straights means 3) (5 creams/soaps * 7 razors * 2 brushes). OK, only 35, you did say you used only one of the brushes. :001_smile

..and 250+ scent combinations (5 soaps * 50+ EDTs)
:lol:

(I'm just jealous. Easing into my ADs)

The only part of my shave routine I'm not happy with is the aftershave. I've been buying up samples from various vendors to get it lined out so see some full bottle purchases in my future.

Settled on my blade of choice - and will have 600 of those on hand by the end of next week.

I'm mostly settled on my razor of choice - a 1955 Superspeed...

Soap/Cream - I've got a pile of test purchases to work my way through. That is my current focus :biggrin:

Well...I only use one brush and I'm using fixed head Merkurs with Red Personnas almost exclusively since they work so well for me.
Still plowing through a large supply of mostly creams and some soaps.
I just started using Speick AS and will switch to Nivea ASB when winter sets in.

Not even close. A myriad of soaps, creams, and razors that I rotate all too frequently. To make things worse, I'm thinking about starting up on straights:smile:

Settled?!

By my math you have approx. 70 shaving combinations (assuming some straights means 3) (5 creams/soaps * 7 razors * 2 brushes). OK, only 35, you did say you used only one of the brushes. :001_smile

..and 250+ scent combinations (5 soaps * 50+ EDTs)
:lol:

(I'm just jealous. Easing into my ADs)
Oh! I have 7 aftershaves, 2 favorite blades and 2 lathering bowls... And that is assuming I only use one razor and one EDT at the time. you could mix create super lather, layer scents, go scentless.

:letterk1::online2long::crazy::his head explodes:

I don't know that settled is quite the right word . . . I'm very comfortable/happy with my current setup and go-to's, getting terrific shaves, and I've got plenty of stuff for now. Still curious about a couple products out there, but there's no HURRY or sense of urgency about it.

NANP™

NANP put it very nicely, IMHO.

Personally, i'm still thinning my herd. I have two nice brushes and a couple of cheapos. I do not need/want any more. Bizarrely, I have wound up with seven DE razors, four of which I got this month (whoops..) - all of which I shave with (not simultaneously, obviously), and all I enjoy, although I feel it is too many to justify. I may sell/give away one or two of them next year, but who knows. I've settled on two go-to blades, both conveniently available, and I have a lot of them.
I still have a stupid amount of soaps/creams. I'm going to aim for just a few soaps and one cream by January.
I have "enough" aftershaves and "enough" colognes, and right now, i'm happy with them and feel no desire to change.

Top Bottom