What's new

How Many Of Us Have Beards?

I grew a full beard at 19. At about 35 it started turning white :mad: and at 42 I could'nt take the look any more so I've been sporting a goatee for the last 8 or 9 years. It's still white, but I look more my real age instead of 20 years older.

Although my beard was originally copper colored, it is now mostly white while the hairs on my head and eyebrows are still sandy blond.

I can actually hardly wait for the beard and moustache to go entirely white instead of being a mixture of colors.

I kind of like the Robert E. Lee look!

Regards,

David

Last edited:
I have always worn a beard since it would grow. In our 17+ years together, she has seen me without a beard twice. Until now! Thanks to this and other sites, I went from a full beard (long, short and shaped) to a goat w/stache (long and short), to a Fu with soul patch. She would like nothing better than I stop shaving. But if I did stop, then I would have wasted all this money! That is my excuse and I am sticking to it. :wink:

Rudy Vey

Shaving baby skin and turkey necks
Goatee/moustache, my wife never saw me without it. I would like to shave it off and see how I look without (never had it shave off in the last 30+ years) - but then I travel often and my passport shows my picture with the facial hair.

I've got a "chinstrap" about the width of my pinky finger running just slightly below my jawline. Plus a soulpatch, or as I call it, my thinking patch as I twist it when pensive.

I find that the chinstrap adds strength to my jawline, and make my face look 20lbs lighter.

I have never been one to think that generalizations about groups of people are good. With that being said though can we start to refer to people who wetshave, but still maintain facial hair as 'daywalkers'?

I'm an on-again, off-again goatee wearer. For those that know me, I'm 27, but look 12. A while back I started growing the goatee out to play a joke on my wife, which promptly backfired. She loved it, I was so-so.

At any rate, up until yesterday, I had a pretty gnarly goatee going, but I zipped it off in the morning while getting ready for work, citing "keeping up professional appearances at work" or some such BS.

Give it another week and she'll be in on me with the "Oooh! Don't shave your goatee, honey," which of course I'll probably give in to...:rolleyes:

I have a rather long goatee that I've had for over 10 years. I keep it because I like it. My wife likes it.

I also keep it because growing facial hair is one of the things that is reserved for men (mostly).

I tried to grow one, but my coworkers and friends kept teasing me about buying razors but never seeing me actually use one. And then it got scratchy so I lopped it off.

I actually have a full beard and mustache.
Because:
1. I grow a hell of a mustache, if I do say so myself, but just a mustache ain't gonna fly.
2. I am one of those who recognize that I don't look good in a goatee* (and I think a LOT more guys should have that epiphany). :rolleyes:
3. I'm too damned ugly to go clean shaven.

*I'm seriously thinking of trying it one more time anyway...:wink:

I have a rather long goatee that I've had for over 10 years. I keep it because I like it. My wife likes it.

I also keep it because growing facial hair is one of the things that is reserved for men (mostly).

I am either impatient or can't grow a decent looking beard. I tried to grow one some months ago. It lasted about two and half months and just looked terrible. I don't know that I'll ever try again.

Moustache and Van Dyke, or as it's called also, a goatee. Just cheeks, jaw and neck. I used to have a fuller beard but shaved down the size. I've always had some kind of facial hair. Plus, I hate shaving those places.

Tony Miller

Speaking of horse butts…
In my case, a full but short (less than 1/2") beard. I also have a moustache, since I never got into the Mennonite look.
Regards,
David

By today's standards most Mennonite men should be clean shaven. Church of the Brethren members were always known (as are the Amish) buy a full beard but no mustache. Today though, except for the Old Order and Dunkard Brethren they range from clean shaven to full beards.

I think I'll be the only brother in my congregation with beard and no mustache but I like to hold to tradition.

I started my beard, always short in 1979 and have not been clean shaven since. There is still plenty of cheek and neck to use my straights on though as well as my upper lip.

Tony

Top Bottom