What's new

How many is too many?

I used to think the same way and since a puck of something like Tabac would last me more than two years, any stocking up was out of the question.

I finally realized that the people with large soap collections aren't buying the soaps with the thought of using them up. Spoilage is really not rellivent as they have more soap than they could use anyway. They just want to own and try different soaps. So, with that thought in mind, too many would be when your collection starts negatively affecting your life.

I still have a very modest stock of soaps, one and a half Arco sticks and a hand full of samples.
I agree. I think that most people who have a large selection of soaps has a rotation of different soaps that they use, so even if after a couple years some of their soaps lose their scent, its not a huge deal.
Personally, Im someone who uses 1 soap until its gone and then picks another, so for me, theres really no point in having 20 or 30 soaps on hand at a time.

I tend to stick with one soap a week and then switch to a different soap.

I try to limit my rotation to five soaps with Arko sticks for travel. (I have a box that will last forever).

I still have more than five as I have tried other soaps to see if it’s worth a reorder but I personally try to keep my reorder to only five soaps. I do have a few backups of those. Probably have around 20 or less in total not counting the box of arko sticks.

This seems reasonable to me and will dwindle down when I use up soaps I will no longer order by my self imposed (and maybe nonsensical) criteria. I also am a over loader so generally get 45 shaves or so with softer artisans and 60+ with hard pucks.

Top Bottom